Review by Lee_Reads -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Lee_Reads
2018 Reading Goal: 40
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 17
Currently Reading: Still Alice
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-reads.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by Lee_Reads -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by Lee_Reads » 24 Jun 2018, 14:48

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Angela Renatus works at the Getty Museum as an art historian. She suddenly starts having dreams about Leonardo da Vinci and Fioretta Gorini. Later Angela unknowingly begins sitting in front of the Botticelli portrait of Giuliano Medici. She speaks to the painting in Italian and drifts off into visions of the past. These visions become more and more frequent causing Angela to faint and hallucinate. The spirits of the past will not let her rest. Will she be able to break free?

Alex Caine is hired by Max Jaeger to find a lost da Vinci painting, that may or may not exist. It was thought to have gone missing from the Uffizi Gallery in Florence during World War II. Angela’s boss, Alberto Scordato, is the director of the Getty Museum. He is a vicious man and also has an interest in this mystery painting. He believes Angela might be the key to the discovery. Does the painting exist? Who will come out victorious if it does?

In the middle of the story Angela and Alex team up and travel to Italy. This is where I started packing my bags and searching for flight tickets to Florence. The descriptions of Italy are delightful. The food, wine, ancient architecture of the Church of San Lorenzo, the vineyard in Montefioralle, and the Campo de' Fiori in Rome are just a few of the spectacular sights along the way. For those who love to travel, this book will get your wheels turning.

I enjoyed how the story moved effortlessly from the present day to scenes from World War II, and then back to Leonardo da Vinci’s studio in 1475. The multiple stories are skillfully intertwined and hold the reader’s attention. This book is for art and history lovers. I would recommend this book if you are interested in Renaissance painters, the Medici family, Italian cuisine, European history or World War II.

It’s also a story that is full of sensual heat. The story is dominated by the intense connection that Angela and Alex share. So if you are looking for less of a love story and more of a thriller, this might not be the book for you.

The psychic or supernatural aspects that rule Angela’s life are my favorite parts of the story. It’s this unique concept and the intriguing epilogue that push me toward reading the next book in the series. I’m giving The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami 4 out of 4 stars for all the reasons above, but mainly because it inspired me to pack my bags and go.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Lee_Reads's review? Post a comment saying so!

onixpam
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 29
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by onixpam » 25 Jun 2018, 13:59

I am reading this book right now, and as you said in your review is a book filled with wonderful descriptions. Well, I will continue my reading to find out where the story goes. Thanks for your review!

mudasar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mudasar » 04 Jul 2018, 09:56

I am reading this book right now, the story is very interesting and wonderful. well i will continue my reading to find out where the story goes.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”