Review by palilogy -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Review by palilogy -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by palilogy » 23 Jun 2018, 12:23

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For the past month I have heard nothing but positive reviews about the book The Girl Who Knew da Vinci. Curiously I read the description of the story created by the author called Belle Ami. Instantly I was compelled to know more about the suspenseful thriller novel that had already resonated with so many people. I was interested in the description and the opportunity to read the book to know more details about the character of Angela Renatus. Angela’s journey to Florence appeared to be a captivating tale I became eager to know more about.

From the beginning of the book I grew attached to the character Belle Ami creates, an art historian named Angela Renatus. The journey begins with dreams the character has which resonate and compel her to learn more about a painting and Leonardo da Vinci himself. Together with Alex, an art detective, the two characters travel to Florence Italy in search of answers. Without giving too much of the story away, I became curious and invested further as the story continued on. I felt I was on the journey too, through the flashbacks as well. The author created a good balance and a strong momentum moving the story along creating suspense and entertainment. The story contains thrilling details, history and romance. This book has it all. I was gripped by the past lives Angela experiences and the moments when she wakes up to Alex. Because I was gripped by the storyline and could not put this book down, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The author excels at gripping attention to details and description. "Her brown velvet eyes, framed by the black-rimmed glasses, were a striking contrast to her lush, ruby-red lips." Throughout the book the author places a realistic focus on not only people but place as well.

I would recommend this book to any reader, not just fans of history and Leonardo da Vinci. I would recommend this book to readers who like to feel connected with the story and hooked in with the author’s words. I would recommend this book to fans of thriller and suspense novels, people who enjoy an entertaining page turning story.

The author demonstrates a good use of character depth, background and research. Not only is the book an entertaining story, it uses history to enhance its credibility for the reader.

I enjoyed reading a story that moved with such strong momentum. The reader moves with the characters into their world and feels their passion. The writer succeeded in creating a gripping and dynamic plot. I could imagine Florence and the characters were compelling and vivid enough to create a deeper pull to the story. I hope all readers fall into the story, as much as I did.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like palilogy's review? Post a comment saying so!

Adetutu09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adetutu09.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Adetutu09 » 26 Jun 2018, 16:45

Love this review.
Makes me want to add the book to my shelf.

palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by palilogy » 02 Jul 2018, 11:00

I hope you were able to give the book a chance and enjoyed it =)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”