Review by dgallois -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
dgallois
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 65
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dgallois.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Review by dgallois -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by dgallois » 21 Jun 2018, 20:34

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami offers readers an interesting fast-paced thriller that is wrapped up neatly in a romance novel.

Art historian Angela Renatus has landed a prestigious internship at the Getty Museum and begins having dreams of Leonardo da Vinci, his friend Fioretta Gorini, and a painting that may or may not exist. Angela has not figured out the significance of the dreams.

Alex Caine is a private investigator that has been hired by a wealthy German, Max Jaeger, who is determined to find a painting to clear his family’s name. Max learned of the painting by reading letters that his late uncle, Gerhard Jaeger had written before he went missing in Florence during World War II. In the letters, Gerhard speaks of a painting he has discovered in the Uffizi Gallery that he believes was painted by da Vinci. When Alex contacts Angela for some help, she is shocked to learn he is looking for the same painting from her dreams. They team up and head to Florence to search for the painting. Neither of them are aware that another person is also looking for the painting. He is Alberto Scordato, Angela’s former boss at the museum. Scordato is a shady character that is willing to do what it takes, including murder, to claim the priceless treasure for himself. Who will unravel the mystery and walk away with the prize?

I was reluctant to read this story as the title and cover did not interest me. I am glad I did not judge the book by the cover. I truly enjoyed this book and could not put it down. The author takes the reader on an exciting journey through history using paranormal flashbacks that flow effortlessly. There are three distinct time periods, from Italy during World War II, to current day Los Angeles, and back to Italy at the time of da Vinci. The story is engaging, and the characters are well developed. New information is added gradually to maintain the suspense. The inclusion of actual historical facts including information about the Medici family intrigued me enough to research the family after I finished reading the book.

If I have to pick one negative about this story, I would say it ended too quickly. Since this is book one of the series, I am now anxiously awaiting book two.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I give this rating because from the first page, I was hooked and had trouble putting the book down till the end. The characters are well developed, and the story is easy to follow, even with the time jumps. I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy historical fiction and to ones that enjoy a good romance.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dgallois's review? Post a comment saying so!
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn ~ Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”