Official Review: They Do That for the Dead by Alan M. Blank

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 976
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Re: Official Review: They Do That for the Dead by Alan M. Blank

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

This seems like an interesting detective story. Sonny really drew my interest.
Also, a sense of humour always makes a great read.

Thank you for the awesome review as always.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Kajori50 wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 08:09 This seems like an interesting detective story. Sonny really drew my interest.
Also, a sense of humour always makes a great read.

Thank you for the awesome review as always.
Thank you very much :tiphat:
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Helen_Combe wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 07:51 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "They Do That for the Dead" by Alan M. Blank.]
There were some unexpected twists and a satisfying flourish at the end. My only criticism is that I found some of the clues to be rather obvious. I spent much of the book yelling the identity of the attacker and howling the location of the ill-gotten gains. Having said that, it’s not terribly important as there are plenty of other strings to this bow. Some crime books are like a plane journey where it’s simply a race to get to the destination. Blank’s books are more of a fairground ride where the best bit is in the middle where you loop the loop and do a face-plant into your ice cream. When you step off at the end, you immediately want to buy another ticket so you can get back on again.
It is funny how you described this crime book as a ride on a fairground. I did not know the meaning of "gumshoe" until I looked it up! I also would not have noticed the misspelled word, "slight of hand" and learned that it should be "sleight of hand," so thanks for your insights. The book sounds like it could be worth reading.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

It is funny how you described this crime book as a ride on a fairground. I did not know the meaning of "gumshoe" until I looked it up! I also would not have noticed the misspelled word, "slight of hand" and learned that it should be "sleight of hand," so thanks for your insights. The book sounds like it could be worth reading.
[/quote]
Thank you :tiphat:
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”