Review by lesler -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by lesler -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by lesler » 13 Jun 2018, 16:26

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami, Andrea Renatus is an aspiring art historian who has just landed her dream internship with famed art professional Alberto Scordato. Unfortunately, things are not as they seem, and Andrea is in a fight for her life with Scordato's true personality, Visions of Leonardo Da Vinci and a mysterious painting of Guiliano Medici and mistress Fioretta Gorini further complicate her life, but also serves as a quest around the world with art detective Alex Caine. Alex and Andrea travel to Italy to uncover the mystery of this never before seen by the modern world painting, with Scordato hot on their tracks, stopping at nothing to repair his fame and fortune.

Andrea's vision also includes the story of Sophia Caro and Gerhard Jaeger, a young couple during World War II brought together through the painting, and a forbidden love affair occurs. Alex helps protect Andrea as she experiences these exhausting visions from two different time periods. Alex and Andrea then take the journey to Florence in search of the priceless treasure. Did this painting ever exist? Will Alex and Andrea uncover the truth before it's too late and they both pay the ultimate price?

This book gives the initial idea that it is going to be similar to the Dan Brown novel The Da Vinci Code, but it is completely different. It is an excellent historical fiction work, with the author providing careful research in the field of art history. It is also an intriguing romantic work, with excellent imagery and pacing. I learned quite a bit about Da Vinci and art of the Romantic era, and this book persuaded me to visit an art museum. The author is very intelligent in her informative writing style and tugged at my emotions with her connection to the characters.

I loved the pacing of this book and the thrill of the storyline. The book was organized so well I was easily able to tell when Andrea was having a vision from the different time eras. I especially loved the storyline of the antagonist, and the pacing of this part of the story made this an excellent thriller in which I did not want to stop reading. The novel has an excellent ending, but the author made it open-ended enough that further books could be written about Alex and Angela. I would welcome the chance to read more about the two.

I give The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci 4 out of 4 stars, due to its excellent storyline, wonderful pacing, and connectivity to the characters. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a historical fiction piece with the thrill of a dangerous romance involved.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lesler's review? Post a comment saying so!

readandsmile
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile » 16 Jun 2018, 08:02

I am amazed at this book. Thanks for your review.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness

Rosehibbard
Currently Reading: Goodnight Irene
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosehibbard.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Rosehibbard » 12 Jul 2018, 13:18

Sounding very thrilling. It sound like it just might be an interesting read. I will just have to look more into it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”