Review by zilipendwa -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
zilipendwa
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 55
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilipendwa.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Review by zilipendwa -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by zilipendwa » 09 Jun 2018, 02:43

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life is a very precious asset that God has granted to us for free. Indeed life is very priceless and cannot be compensated in case it is lost. Now, “what would you do if you learn today that you only have a few days to live?’’ Of cause this is the dominant theme in this book. The author uses this question to express his views on issues such as immigration, graft, political conservatism and the ageing.

Van Fleisher’s book, Final Notice is an amazing work of fiction that excavates the naked truth on the issue of gun use in the United States of America. The story is centered on the idea of predicting when one is likely to pass away. The “final notices’’ are the likely days when one is likely to pass away. The significance of “final notices’’ is that when one receives them, he is in a position to put his legal affairs in order. The book contains several themes but all these themes are overshadowed by the theme of political conservatism and corruption.

The author’s main point of discussion targets the predicament that is today affecting the USA. This is very evident in spite of the fact that this book, Final Notice is of the fiction genre. In my own opinion, I tend to believe that left-leaning individuals will warmly receive this novel. The author has customized this book very well to fit these individuals. The left-leaning group may be made up of American citizens who are not for the idea of gun usage or who are looking forward to seeing gun usage being gotten into hands a little bit. Readers who strongly believe that the NRA opts to stop treating softly cruel acts that have been conducted on the US soil due to uncontrolled gun usage, then this is the appropriate book for you.

As I went through the book, I felt that the author did a marvelous job by ensuring that it is perfectly esoteric. However, I cannot fail to express my disappointment whereby the author only satisfies the interests of the left-leaning individuals. I think that this may “scare away’’ readers who may not be left-leaning. People who are fully conscious about the current situation in the USA will not fail to love this book. The author gives this book such an amazing plot by infusion of the dark satire and the establishment of a perfect storyline.

The plot has several themes that make this story very diverse. I was very impressed on how Van Fleisher creates such realistic characters that make this story to be diverse. This makes the story achieve social realism that most, if not all readers will love. Moreover, he gives the characters real predicaments. The author’s style of writing that surfaces time and again, gives this story its beauty. The author has written this story eloquently and his language does not fail readers either. I had no otherwise but to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is due to the book’s eloquent narration, strong development of characters and the fact that it is error free. What a fine read!

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like zilipendwa's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”