Official Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Grace Angela
Currently Reading: The 5-Day Stage Fright Solution
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-angela.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Re: Official Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Grace Angela »

I like romance genre so I will definitely be reading this book. Thanks for the great review.
hadizasalisu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hadizasalisu.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by hadizasalisu »

Art, thriller, paranormal, Italy is it just me or do I see a second coming of the da Vinci code?
Kingtolu32
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kingtolu32 »

Romance flourishes on several different fronts, including Angela and Alex’s growing attraction to each other. Still, the painting mystery takes center stage although the romance element adds spice to the story. Although the book is categorized as a thriller, I can’t say there was a high level of suspense until later in the story.
A_I_S_H

Post by A_I_S_H »

Book seems very interesting though I am a big fan of romantic thriller. Really looking forward to read this book.
FictionLover
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by FictionLover »

I enjoyed this absorbing story that contains a nice blend of mystery, history, and romance. Although the story unfolds in different time periods, the jam-packed plot and characters are relatively easy to keep track of. The transitions are smooth between Giuliano, Fioretta, and their friend da Vinci in the late 1400’s and Angela and Alex’s search for the painting in the present day. There are also flashbacks featuring Gerhard and his lover Sophia during World War II.
I really enjoyed the sample that I read, and your review lets me know that the whole book can hold its own. I hope to have a chance to read it soon.
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot
uzochuks01
Currently Reading:

Post by uzochuks01 »

Really sounds interesting, the review has already made me curious as to what will happen, it's definitely the next on my reading list.
Emeraldruby
Currently Reading:

Post by Emeraldruby »

Interesting and full of imaginations and romance
Tfree
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 65

Post by Tfree »

Mixing a thriller with romance sounds interesting to me, DaVinci is always interesting to me, and I love tracking multiple time periods in a story. Thanks for the helpful review. This one is going on my Want To Read shelf.
Kanoi5nikita5
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Kanoi5nikita5 »

Romance in the air.... Its just the perfect book to relief of the stress of a loaded work day
Katerina Katapodi
Favorite Author: Rin Chupeco
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3829

Post by Katerina Katapodi »

The Book I've reviwed is ''High Hopes'', or else, High/Great expectations, showing how things may come in life, and our dreams, that can be potentially realized may be vanished!.. A dream is a dream, life is life, and has its own rules.This does not mean that dream get never fulfilled, but it's usually difficult, or they can be fulfilled in another way than expected..Life is moments basically, and has always it's own rythm, thus '''alteration of good and bad days/moments.. Sometimes, one thought may destroy our soul calmness, when we have bad thoughts..
This will also pass some time..Rules of life never change.
What is different in this case, is that society should change. People are prone to accuse others for their morality or character. As in the case of this book. The woman here, is pregnant, not being married, and her mate may abandon her when he is informed that she is pregnant. He may want to get rid of her and don't undertake responsibility to accept his own child. This is still a social problem, in most conservative societies.. It's tradition and taboos of morality that may condemn such women, who despite not sleeping with someone only for sex, but have invested in their mate for future do not still ''dare to face'' morality of society which in most cases is hypocritical. A life is always a life, that's why also Christian religion for ex. does not accept abortion. But in my opinion some times abortion is imperative, mainly if a woman does not have the necessary resources to raise a child..I don't want to analyse this fact more, as it's ''case sensitive'.. So, either her ex mate accepts his child, or does not accept, but in this case he can be considered as irresponsible, and this is another aspect of morality in general. We don't encourage woman of course to give birth if they are not married, as a child might be deprived of having a family, and this may cause more drama ...in the future. Conclusion: Each case is independent in regard to this senstive problem.. In the end of book, reader will have highlighted many aspects and sides of this problem, so difficult to solve..Congratulations to author, to have treated with such sensitive problems, in terms of morality and society..I dare give 4 Stars to this book..
dollar1

Post by dollar1 »

so interesting
cvetelina_yovcheva87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cvetelina-yovcheva87.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by cvetelina_yovcheva87 »

I think that I will really enjoy this novel. It has everything I look for in a book- there is love, mystery, and thrilling moments. Thank you very much for this wonderful review.
Anndesma
Currently Reading:

Post by Anndesma »

Great command of the words and a Rich language .not to forget the romance that keeps your nerves alert and wanting.I loved it.
booklysis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklysis.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by booklysis »

I have heard many stories about Vinci's paintings, and this one's so touching!
mthacks dicks

Post by mthacks dicks »

This book is so amazing its my first time reading book like this i really enjoy the book

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”