Official Review: Boston Burning by Eric Salin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Re: Official Review: Boston Burning by Eric Salin

Post by starshipsaga »

NL Hartje wrote: 24 May 2018, 19:23 Out of curiosity, how is a terrorist on the cusp of retirement? I'm imagining him godfather style turning away crime syndicates in his office. "Sorry boys, I'm out of the game. You'll have to pay someone else to wreak your havoc." :lol2:
Actually, you got it pretty much right! The bad guy wanted to hang it up and disappear with a huge chunk of money, though inevitably things got personal. The chapters from his POV were always kind of disturbing, because he was such a focused, impenetrable character.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

SamSim wrote: 24 May 2018, 13:03 This book reminds me of why I used to love watching 24. I love the examination of human nature that the premise allows for and it forces the readers to conduct a debate within themselves about heavy issues - those "gray areas" you referred to. No matter what side of these issues someone is on, these kinds of stories are hard to put down. Great review!
Oh you sooo beat me to the punch with this comment! It reminded me of 24 also! Great show, great premise.
And yes-great review!
princestve
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by princestve »

Boston Burning by Eric Salin
this book is ok talking about us and some terrorist in the state
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

A gripping and well-executed thriller about terrorism is just my sort of book! The morality of how much to restrict personal freedoms in order to protect the general populace adds an interesting extra element to the story. Excellent review.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

good review about the suspense thriller book about well educated smart terrorist named Hassan Bucheri and his KGB training which seems author has picked nice cherries to craft his characters and makes it more interesting to read
thank you
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

I'm very glad I read your review - this sounds like a real crackerjack book and I shall be adding it to my bookshelves!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”