Official Review: Massacre At Sundown by Matthew David Evans

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Re: Official Review: Massacre At Sundown by Matthew David Evans

Post by JuliaKay »

MsTri wrote: 11 May 2018, 00:26 Oooo-wee! If you've read my reviews, you already know, *lol*! This is so totally my kind of story; I'm not sure if I like Jasper's immortality more, or the revenge aspect, or the demon-influenced angle. In fact, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear this book was made just for me (and you, of course) cuz it checks off ALL my book-reading boxes...Scratch that, nearly all; I too am not so keen on reading books with an abundance of grammatical errors, but it really seems to be par for the course here at OBC, these days, so I'm almost - almost! - used to it, *sigh*... In any event, thanks so much for the great review and introduction to a book I will surely place on my MUST Read ASAP List!
It is great! I think the next one will be even better because it will introduce some new characters. We are alike!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
JuliaKay

Post by JuliaKay »

SABRADLEY wrote: 11 May 2018, 09:48 Interesting book! I can definitely see the appeal to people who enjoy this genre. I had to laugh about the "son/nephew" identity crisis lol...
Thanks for a great review!
Haha! It still bothers me! It can be fixed easily though.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
JuliaKay

Post by JuliaKay »

MsTri wrote: 11 May 2018, 00:26 Oooo-wee! If you've read my reviews, you already know, *lol*! This is so totally my kind of story; I'm not sure if I like Jasper's immortality more, or the revenge aspect, or the demon-influenced angle. In fact, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear this book was made just for me (and you, of course) cuz it checks off ALL my book-reading boxes...Scratch that, nearly all; I too am not so keen on reading books with an abundance of grammatical errors, but it really seems to be par for the course here at OBC, these days, so I'm almost - almost! - used to it, *sigh*... In any event, thanks so much for the great review and introduction to a book I will surely place on my MUST Read ASAP List!
It certainly sounds like we have similar taste in stories. It was a great book, and I am looking forward to the rest!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

crediblereading2 wrote: 09 May 2018, 22:08 Although this one sounds really gory it is also very intriguing and because of this, I will read it for the future. Love your review.
I agree with crediblereading2, the book does sound extremely interesting, and I will pick it up soon. Thanks for your comprehensive review!
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

I'm shook by your usage of words and amazing writing skills. However, I'm not too sure if I'd want to delve into this genre.
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

Interesting read.The ability of the author to make the reader wish theye were a part of the story is laudable.I wish to read the story.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

A immortal protagonist that has experienced great tragedy caused by the supernatural draws me in. The melding of a magnitude of elements from mystery to horror makes this book very unique, appealing, and attention grabbing. I want to know this story and the characters. Thanks for bringing this book to my attention.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”