Official Review: Sanguinity Point by Peter Palmieri

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Sanguinity Point by Peter Palmieri

Post by Kat Berg »

CommMayo wrote: 28 May 2018, 12:27 You had me hooked with your review. This isn't my style of book, but I could see myself picking it up. Great job!
Thanks for stopping by CommMayo :) If you decide to read it, I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

An excellent medical/legal thriller sounds fantastic. I really enjoy this sort of book. Love the cover, too! Great review!
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisonedgee.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by alisonedgee »

great review, this sounds right up my street. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this one.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

i liked your review about the book which gives insight of unfortunate doctor who get bad label due to some of his misses and hence forced to work he least liked to work.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
bclayton13
Currently Reading: Roanoke
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bclayton13.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by bclayton13 »

This sounds like a good book, I love a good murder/thriller. I’d probably enjoy the heck out of Jesus too. Nice review!
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

I love it when the writing is so good you can't put it down as well. I don't think this one is my type of book, but I enjoyed your review. Thanks!
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

Great review!! Another person I can learn a lot from on writing reviews! I tend to just state facts but your review not only is very informative, it is also entertaining to read. You sold me on it just in the first couple paragraphs. I also like relationships similar to that of what you explained Dr. Snow and Jesus have in this book. Also, half way thru in my mind I was comparing to Robin Cook- or questioning if it was somewhat similar and you through that out there as well. I am going to put this book in my "want to read" shelf.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I am a sucker for medical thrillers, so this book will be right up my alley! Thanks for the very thorough amd informative review!
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

This book has a lot of mystery and causes the reader to ask a lot of questions. I like how you mentioned that the author wrote the book so well that you almost forgot you were reading.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I was struck by the naturalness of the writing. What I mean is the conversations, descriptions, and backstory flowed so smoothly that I, the reader, became part of the story. There was no awkwardness jolting me out into the real world. I love it when the writer is so good, you forget for a moment you are reading!
This is such an important asset and so hard to find! Natural dialogue is so hard to create but quite important. Very interesting comment.
I am kind of a sucker for troubled kids with good hearts. The more posturing they do, the smarter the mouth they have on them, often the more I enjoy them, and I enjoyed the relationship Jesus (a smart-mouthed kid if ever there was one) develops with Dr. Snow, or “Snowflake,” as Jesus calls him. In spite of Jesus’ smart mouth and vulgar attitude, Snow can’t help but like him, and Jesus attaches himself to the good doctor like a burr.
I share your weakness. The more witty and smart-mouthed the kid is, the more I enjoy it. I look forward to it!
The book is interspersed with Spanish words and medical terms. Very few of them are defined, but most of them make sense in the context. I have a limited understanding of Spanish (yet, somehow seem to know a lot of Spanish curse words, go figure), but I was still able to get a reasonably good understanding of what was meant. It is true that these things may be a turnoff for a few people, but for me, they lend authenticity to the book.
I'm a native Spanish speaker so this won't be a problem, but I've been on the situation of reading terms that I can't understand and I really think authors should include a glossary or some footnotes. If you ever want to learn more than curse words, feel free to reach out to me :P

I absolutely adored your review. It's thorough and analytical but candid at the same time and I love that you share your personal experience with the book and not just broad comments. Congratulations and thanks!
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

I could see how much this book has enamoured you enough to make you finish it so quickly despite its length. Thank you for your engaging review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”