Tick Tock, by Dean Koontz

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Suhaib Talib
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 0

Tick Tock, by Dean Koontz

Post by Suhaib Talib »

Genre:Thriller, Suspense novel
Publication date:Jul 1996
Pages#311

Tommy Phan is a successful detective novelist, living the American Dream in southern California. One evening he comes home to find a small rag doll on his doorstep. It’s a simple doll, covered entirely in white cloth, with crossed black stitches for the eyes and mouth, and another pair forming an X over the heart. Curious, he brings it inside. That night, Tommy hears an odd popping sound and looks up to see the stitches breaking over the doll’s heart. And in minutes the fabric of Tommy Phan’s reality will be torn apart. Something terrifying emerges from the pristine white cloth, something that will follow Tommy wherever he goes. Something that he can’t destroy. It wants Tommy’s life and he doesn’t know why. He has only one ally, a beautiful, strangely intuitive waitress he meets by chance—or by a design far beyond his comprehension. He has too many questions, no answers, and very little time. Because the vicious and demonically clever doll has left this warning on Tommy’s computer screen: The deadline is dawn.

TICK TOCK

Time is running out.

My first Dean Koontz book, and what an introduction! This book defines what Dean Koontz is all about. He'll reel you in from the first page to the very end, transport you into a world that you're so sure is this but turns out to be that. In this book you actually begin to fear a stupid little rag doll that is more terrifying than Penny Wise (from Stephen King's It) and terribly persistent, and when you find out who's controlling it... Honestly? This book will slap you over and over and over, and you'll like it. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars...
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

Dean Koontz's writing is top notch. I am currently reading the Odd Thomas series (eight books in all). I have finished Odd Thomas (#1 in the series) and just started on Forever Odd (#2). I recommend you give the series a try, if you not done so.
Also starting on Tick Tock and I know I am in for a ride.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
kphurley195
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kphurley195.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by kphurley195 »

I love Dean Koontz. I've read many of his books years ago. Thanks for the informative review. I will be starting this book in the next couple of days....can't wait.
Erin
Currently Reading: Death Has a Thousand Doors
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin.html
Latest Review: Not 4 $ale by M.R. Biggs

Post by Erin »

I enjoy books by Dean Koontz and this one sounds like it will not disappoint. I am looking forward to being afraid of a rag doll, and finding out if Tommy can escape.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”