Review by Leigh Ann -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leigh Ann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leigh-ann.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review by Leigh Ann -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Leigh Ann »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I rated it 4 out of 4 for "The 11:05 Murders", by Author Brian O'Hare because the book was very suspenseful. I was worried that I had not read the previous book in the series and I would not be able to know the characters. I was pleasantly surprised that was not the case. Within the first chapter the author vividly described the imperative details I needed to know. I was not behind on the storyline. I was engulfed in a new world that was made up of strong personalities. Inspector Sheehan is a complicated, yet simple minded man. As his character is developed, you come to realize that his mind is that of a genius. He can see things in people's actions that are not noticed by most people. He is a brilliantly written character. You grow to admire him and also be a little intimidated of him.

I thoroughly enjoyed Detective Sergeant Denise Stewart's character. She was extremely relatable to me. She is smart, strong, and very fragile all at the same time. I kept wondering if this case was going to break her spirit. Granted, she is already broken, but has fought to keep herself in her career. She is there for a new start. Which is something we have all done, or at least wished we could have done in our own lives.

As the book progresses, you start questioning everyone. Who are they? Where do they fit into the murder? Are they even relevant to the murder? Is there another reason we are being introduced to them? So many unanswered questions that keep you wanting to know the answers. It is as if the author was in my head listening to my questions. The author then answers all of my questions, but he does it on his time, not mine. I need that when I am reading to keep me intrigued in a book. The graphic description of the first murder replayed in my head over and over. The author made sure you would never forget what you had just read. I pictured so many parts of the story in my head. I promise you will not get bored on any page of "The 11:05 Murders". You will keep turning those pages until you have all the answers; which is at the end of this book. You will be tempted to tell someone what you have figured out. Please do not give spoilers to your friends and family when you recommend this book to them. I know it was hard for me to write this review without giving up any details I would not have wanted someone to tell me before I read it for myself.

The best part of the experience of reading this crime thriller is thinking you have figured it all out. Then wham! You know absolutely nothing about who the killer is by the next chapter. The author made clear decisions on where the journey was heading, only to throw a fork in the road that makes you reevaluate it. I did not guess the ending, even though I usually can with most books. That is what makes this one such a great read is the mystery is deep. I highly recommend "The 11:05 Murders" to anyone that loves to be shocked. It is a shocking conclusion! This book could easily be turned into a movie that would leave you satisfied, yet also yearning for more in a good way. The love story between the characters was a plus for me. It was a good balance between will they or won't they. My interpretation of the underlying theme was loyalty and trust; with a good ole helping of grisly murder. Exactly how I like it.

I'm looking forward to reading more from Brian O’Hare. He has found the right way to successfully keep me interested in every word he wrote. Those are the reasons I gave "The 11:05 Murders", a 4 out of 4.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Leigh Ann's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”