Review by grahase71 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
grahase71
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grahase71.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Review by grahase71 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by grahase71 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Whether fiction or non-fiction, there is nothing quite like a good ‘who-done-it’ to get the mind wheels to spinning. I personally love a good mystery and Brian O’Hare just won my heart with his The 11:05 Murders.

This novel has you scratching your head and on the edge of your seat from the beginning to the very end. I at one time prided myself in ferreting out the perp pretty near the beginning of any mystery, but this one had me stumped all the way to the surprise ending. O’Hare does an exceptional job of keeping his reader on their toes while he ties their thoughts in knots. He envelopes numerous questionable characters who have every reason to commit these atrocious murders and keep the PSNI officers chasing shadows.

The story begins with a vicious rape and suicide; now, some twelve years or so down the road the fellows at PSNI must untangle the web that seems to connect this incident with two vicious and especially violent murders and do everything in their power to stop a third murder from happening under their very noses. All this while trying to solve every other fly-by-night case that drops into their laps. Needless to say the boys in Ireland blue don’t get much sleep.

O’Hare also manages to introduce a bit of ‘adult bullying’ into the mix in the form of workplace harassment when our ‘heroine’ is promoted and transferred into the current unit after bringing down a motley crew of ‘dirty cops’ at her previous unit.

WDS Denice Stewart unconsciously inserts herself right into the middle of this mind boggling set of circumstances and may well become the killer’s next victim if the officers on her new team don’t have her back. Have they accepted a new female officer as one of their own? Or will she be right back to square one as she was with her last unit, trying hard to ignore the vicious, sexist, and demeaning remarks of her co-workers? Loving her job and giving it her all may not be enough. As the ‘new kid on the block’, helping to solve the 11:05 murders may be more than she bargained for.

I thoroughly enjoyed this crime mystery by Mr. O’Hare. He seems to give his all to his stories and easily draws you right into the thick of things. You almost feel as though you are looking over the shoulders of the crime scene investigators as they pour over the crime scene. The book was most professionally edited---not one mistake found. I couldn’t keep myself from googling the word ‘mizzle’----being of Irish descent myself; I just had to know what it meant. It apparently is a mixture of mist and drizzle------I loved it! I give this book a true thumbs up of 4 out of 4 stars. Amazing read, thank you, Mr. O’Hare.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like grahase71's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”