Official Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Connie2018
Favorite Book: precious gifts
Currently Reading: And Never Let Her Go
Bookshelf Size: 21

Re: Official Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by Connie2018 »

White Knight, by J. J. Holt, as the review represents, sounds intriguing.

The combination, of two, of the main characters having tough issues of their own and not really wanting to be partners, has to make a good story.

Thank you
Connie
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

Finally! A thriller book that does NOT throw in romantic relationships into the mix. That usually makes it so predictable. The author has focused on developing the characters and advancing the plot, resulting in a satisfying and engaging read for lovers of a good mystery thriller. Good job on this one!
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

Thanks for the review. I'm looking forward to reading this book. I love a good suspense/thriller, especially one that does not conform to the usual who-done-it format in most mystery books. Your review provided a lot of detail information that helped make a difference in my reading this book. Seems like it will be a different and exciting book. The character development that you mentioned is the thing that pulled me into this story. Can't wait to read more.
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Sounds like an original crime thriller. Congrats on the review! I would be 'thrill'ed to read it.
DathanReeves
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dathanreeves.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by DathanReeves »

If this book really kicks some tropes and cliques, then I'm looking forward to reading this.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, it is obvious that as far as crime novels, this one does not fit the common detective theme or plot. It makes the reader want to read to just find out who the antagonists are. Well done.
Dabuddhababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dabuddhababe.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Dabuddhababe »

I'm glad this book isn't as predictable as most. The many characters could be a flaw to some. I love when there a few well developed characters.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like police detective dramas and this looks like I would enjoy. I like also the fact that its plot is not predictable. The lead character of the female protagonist, Jen, is refreshing, unlike many other police detective stories. Nice review.
2spreadaWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2spreadaword.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by 2spreadaWord »

Thank you for that great review. The sample of the book that I read was so compelling I was hoping to get the rest of the story. Your spot on review tells me that I would love this book in my collection. I enjoy police, crime solving types and the plot line is different from what I expected. I thought for sure the two main detectives would get past their seemingly dislike for each other and jump in bed. Obviously they did not. I think it is a book worth reading.
Ann Mattocks
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-mattocks.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ann Mattocks »

I always tell my husband the only romance I get is in a book, but I'm intrigued by this review to forget about it for once and enjoy something different. As a diehard NCIS and Hawaii Five-O fan this review has me wanting to pick up this book as soon as I can. Thank you for encouraging me to step out of my genre of books.
Raine21601
Currently Reading: V Wars
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Raine21601 »

I enjoy reading books by writers that develop multiple characters instead of just a couple. The sample I read was intriguing. Based on your review, it would seem that the story continues in the same manner. Glad to see that romance between the partners is not in development. Will be adding to my “want to read” list.
MiziS_1305
Favorite Book: The Lost Symbol
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mizis-1305.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by MiziS_1305 »

I have read the sample a bit and am curious who is the man in the beginning and why he is being killed. As for Jen Connors, though I am a huge fan of crime thriller, her character didn't pique my interest as it is quite similar to some cop dramas I watched yet. Still I am going to pick it up as it is a crime thriller.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: White Night by J.J. Holt ' is composed of all the necessary elements, needed to give the mind of the reader, a right direction. I like the way the reviewer focuses on the relationship between Connors and Ross.
Kjastine
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kjastine »

I'm a fan of crime fiction and action thriller, and this storyline is really catchy. One interesting book to read and i love how the author deliver both good story flow and suspense. Just by reading the review, it can easily get attention.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is a very nice review. I enjoyed reading it. It is brief, precise and very profound. This crime thriller appears to be quite unique. I like the fact that the ending cannot be foreshadowed. The level of character development is amazing. I am adding this to my 'want to read' shelf.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”