Official Review: Bound by Michael Campbell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Re: Official Review: Bound by Michael Campbell

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Thanks for a honest review. I thought it was another 50 shades of gray specially when I saw the point in Tom's relationship with Ginger, when the reviewer mentions that he is supposed to do his master's bidding, anything his master says. I am surprised there isn't much of erotic scenes in this, the first impression I got when I saw the cover or the synopsis is otherwise. When you give 1star I don't no what to make out of it, I rather read it myself. Thank you!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Phoenix-wrising
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phoenix-wrising.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Phoenix-wrising »

I will admit upfront that I am new to reading professional reviews. So, whenever I read a one-star review, I assume the book was not the reader’s preferred taste, or the reader didn’t understand the book or was simply having an urge to bully at that particular moment. However, this review points out the justification for such a low score. Because it is free, I will give the book a look, if for no other reason than to view it as a benchmark for a one-star review.
:techie-studyingbrown:
Kylie Jenner
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Kylie Jenner »

:x First I like reading books .I have no issues of reading books but this book is not my type of reading .I personally don't like to read this kind of subject and also cover page is not good enough..But I read it little .ihave problem to read this book and I my point of view the preposition is not correct .sentence are not made correctly .In some plces don't understand where the next sentence start and overall topic is also not good.he is no making a proper r good story.. :?: :snooty:
Akinwale Taiwo Ilyas
Currently Reading: Not Dead Yet
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinwale-taiwo-ilyas.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Post by Akinwale Taiwo Ilyas »

Thanks for the honest review, the description of this book on Amazon was really eye catching and really got me, but I'm having a second thought after reading the review; indifferent character and poor dialogue is really off plus I don't like erotic novels.
"The reading of all good books📚 is like a conversation with the finest men of past centuries" - Rene Decartes (1596 - 1681)
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

Nice candid review. It is a pity the book was not a very enjoyable read for you. Thanks for the advice. I think I will pass.
Rhoda 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Rhoda 2 »

I had started reading the book but honestly wouldn't finish reading just found it's not my cup of tea.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

This books premise looks awesome. It’s too bad it was not written well.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

After reading the first few pages of this today, I have to commend you. Like you, I found the book confusing and not worth reading. I agree with you on the over zealous attempt to bring out a bunch of characters and have the reader be subjected to many people at once with little to no background information. Just plain poor writing, and the overuse of sex and vulgarity can do nothing to fix it. I agree wholeheartedly with your 1 star rating.
Everything happens for a reason...
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

Thanks for the honest review! It confirms that this is not a book I want to read.
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
jamesttrimble651
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by jamesttrimble651 »

Well some people having a bad time reading this book just makes me wanna read it cause books that others don’t find interesting i might find them interesting and besides i love reading books like this one. Thanks
beckbeck123
Currently Reading: Serial Killers
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by beckbeck123 »

Strong opinion in review, shows how you feel about the book and not afraid to say how you feel, it would frustrate me too however by reading other replies same view is showing.
MsTri
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

Even without all the grammatical errors and unclear characterizations, I would not have been interested in this love triangle (sex triangle?). Thanks for muddling away and warning the rest of us.

SIDE NOTE: I can't help but wonder WHY such a terrible book is BotD today; have the standards been lowered that much?!
Jameskan340
Favorite Author: World map 1419 San Fernando Burbank
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jameskan340.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
fav_author_id: 153396

Post by Jameskan340 »

A very awesome review. I will say Tom has an investigative character if you see how the story unfolds around him as a houseboy. Ginger, Toms master I will say is a no-nonsense guy since Tom has to obey his every command. This I will say is a love-driven book. Thumbs up to Michael Campbell for this book.
MsTri
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

Phoenix-wrising wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 08:34 I will admit upfront that I am new to reading professional reviews. So, whenever I read a one-star review, I assume the book was not the reader’s preferred taste, or the reader didn’t understand the book or was simply having an urge to bully at that particular moment. However, this review points out the justification for such a low score. Because it is free, I will give the book a look, if for no other reason than to view it as a benchmark for a one-star review.
:techie-studyingbrown:
You will definitely find that there's no shortage of 1-star books here; I myself have given three tomes 1-star, all for good reason. Also, welcome aboard; I hope you enjoy the site. I love it!
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I usually love character-driven stories. However, when most characters lack backstories, I’d rather stay away from it. This one is not for me.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”