Official Review: Deadly Focus by Sue Hinkin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gee1976
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gee1976.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Re: Official Review: Deadly Focus by Sue Hinkin

Post by Gee1976 »

Interesting! I like this detailed review - there’s a glimpse of what to expect. I’m now on the mood to hit the pages of this book.

Thank you for the great review.
CheyenneR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheyenner.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by CheyenneR »

This sounds like a book that I will happily read. Considering that I am a photographer myself, books about people working in the same field always fascinate me and I love crime and mystery novels so I'm very excited about this one. I also liked that you let us know up front that we learn a lot in the first part of the story and that even though we know so much, there is still a lot to uncover. Sometimes knowing everything quickly and seeing how much more story there is makes me nervous that the author will just drone on and on but that doesn't seem to be the case with this book.
CaribbeanLady
Currently Reading: The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caribbeanlady.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B01DXVKHH8

Post by CaribbeanLady »

Crime thrillers are not my cup of tea. However, with an exciting review such as this, you make me want to consider investing in this novel. The synopsis makes for a great plot. A mature narrative can only enhance the trueness of this novel, even though it warns readers to be selective. Thank for an excellent review.
Cheryl12
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl12.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Cheryl12 »

Lucy Vega was assigned to Photograph and Investigate a car accident in Malibu Canyon. But the Photo journalist got the shock of her life when she discovered that the victim was her very own uncle, Henry Vega involved in this tragic accident.
Later she had flashbacks of childhood memory when her family passed away under tragic circumstances. Lucy tried to dig for the truth. She bumped in the LA County Homicide Detective as well as the Center-Terrorism Unit on the scene of the accident. Yet, she still have doubts about the officials conclusion that her uncle's death was accidental. Lucy could not understand who would want her uncle dead for no reason.
All this and more comes from the "Deadly Focus" by Sue Hinkin.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

I'm sold to this book! Who in the world will just sit around after knowing your family member is murdered without reasons you don't know? I would like to unfold what this female protagonist will do next. In general I dislike anything to do with child abuse, but I think I will risk in reading this book and try to skip that part.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Deadly Focus, by Sue Hinkin', consists of exact words, to describe the book, which forms a framework of the story! The review becomes all the more expressive, in not giving out the ending of the story! Also, it ties up the story nicely at the end!
Pennybutterfly8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Pennybutterfly8 »

The first 6 pages have me on edge this is really scary, intense,nail biting. Definitely on shelf, the cover, characters are bit hot head. Very well thought out.
Sudarshan Jagtap
Currently Reading: Deadly Focus
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Sudarshan Jagtap »

The summary of book provided me
enough information so that it made my interest and I'm looking forward to read this book.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

The sample really drew me in but I'm afraid to delve deeper due to all the graphic scenes in this book. Thanks for the review - it was really helpful!
MHScaccia
Favorite Book: Demon Freaks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhscaccia.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri
Reading Device: B01J94T83C

Post by MHScaccia »

This is right up my alley. I’ve already added it to the TR list. Thanks for the great review!
“Everything you can imagine is real” ~Pablo Picasso
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This sounds like an interesting book. I love the strong female protagonist and also like that the plot was so good and kept on being intriguing long after the who did it reveal. I like a book that has twists and turns. Thanks for your review.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like the fact that it is a compelling and gripping crime novel. I also like novels with strong female character. The author's plot to include Spanish characters also make it have depth. Thanks for a wonderful review.
anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by anwidmer »

So excited for an awesome sounding premise! And in the C/M/T/H genre cant wait to have the time to read it!
ReaderTeacher
Currently Reading: Dead Fix
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerteacher.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by ReaderTeacher »

The mark of a good author is to be able to capture a character and make that character human. It is exciting to hear that this novel includes a flawed protagonist who is not perfect. Part of the catharsis that comes from reading is that ability to connect to the character who makes mistakes and is relateable as a result.
Yicheng Liu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yicheng-liu.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Yicheng Liu »

The review on onlinebookclub definitely was well-written and had given this book some rather interesting praises. It would be interesting to see whether it can live to its name as a mystery page-turner! Congrats on it being chosen as BOTD, btw.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”