Review by grahase71 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
grahase71
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grahase71.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Review by grahase71 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by grahase71 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Book Review of Raven’s Peak---World on Fire-Book 1 by Lincoln Cole
Review by Sandra E. Graham

So often I have heard my husband say, “I don’t believe in ghosts; but I do believe in demons and spirits.” And I guess we both feel that if you believe there is a God, then you probably believe that there are certainly demons as well. Legends and history certainly fills pages and pages of unearthly such creatures. And fiction novels certainly draw their share of eager followers; filling our minds with delicious terror and excitement. Raven’s Peak is one such book.

I truly enjoyed the way this book reached out and pulled you right into the middle of the excitement from the very beginning. No worry here that you may get bored and lose interest from a slow start. Our hero, Arthur, lovingly called the ‘Reverend’----although at any moment he may explode in rage and insist, “My name is not Reverend!!!” His co-horts would always think of him as ‘Reverend’.

Arthur grieved his lost apprentice, Abigail, whom he had grown to deeply love, a daughter-of-sorts. Abigail had been captured and possessed by one of the strongest demons that the Counsel had ever come up against and now she was lost. Their only hope was Arthur. He alone possessed the strength and will to save young Abigail from a fate worse than death-----the pits of the worst Hell imaginable. Arthur had rescued Abigail, trained her, and raised her in his image. But when she was taken by the demon, she was young and not ready for what the Counsel had pitted her up against.

To save Abigail, Arthur must make the ultimate sacrifice; would he be up to the task? Would he be ready to die for the young girl that had taken the place of his own murdered daughter? Fighting demons was what he did, what he lived for and now what Abigail and possibly he would die for. Don’t miss out on this ‘edge-of-your-seat’ drama; you won’t regret it. And be ready for more to come from this author.

I thoroughly enjoyed Raven’s Peak and I’m sure you will too. I highly recommend this read to any and all who enjoy a good horror story with lots of action and adventure.

I rate the book a 3 out of 4 stars and only because it does have a few missed errors in the editing:
Pg. 105-----half way down the page: (Haatim climbed into the passenger seat. Abigail turned it on and started rolling back down the dirt road.) Then just a couple of sentences down: (She started the car and drove out onto the dirt road.)--------Redundant?
Pg. 107------third paragraph: “With social media things like this should be impossible (to?) keep hidden.”
Pg. 143------Half way down the page: Who is ‘Mary’? There is no prior mention of her. Barbara, maybe?
Pg. 147------Last sentence has no period at the end.
Pg. 192-----Next to last sentence: ( Abigail was thrown to her feet…….) Not sure I understand usage here, but if it sounds good to you, then it’s ok. But I understood she was already on her feet walking.
Pg. 193-----3rd paragraph from bottom: (She checked her side and saw a screw sticking out if (of?) it.)
Pg. 209-----Mid-page: (Haatim wrapped his arms around her hips as he (she?) leaned out……)
Little further down the page: (“Definitely.” She said. She started walking to (?) other direction.) Here again, this may be ok; just sounded a little off to me.?
Done 4/6/2018

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like grahase71's review? Post a comment saying so!

zamees3
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by zamees3 »

I like your review because it didn’t feel like you told the whole story or rewrote the back of the book description. Thanks. Because sometimes there seems to be a few spoiler alerts in the descriptions by reviewers.
I was also pleased to see you add a few typos. I proofread everything on autopilot, so I catch those as well. If the author sees your review perhaps his next print will be better.
Adding a favorite part or quirky part is fun too, that reverend makes me want to check out the book
zamees3

grahase71
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grahase71.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by grahase71 »

zamees3, if you're gamer (or even not) I think you'd like this book. My grandson is a gamer and this book would be right up his alley. I've told him about it and he plans on reading it soon.
SEG

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”