Official Review: Why She has to Die by Shirley Scott

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KLafser
Currently Reading: Nine Perfect Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 574
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klafser.html
Latest Review: The Road From Money by Sylvester Boyd Jr.

Re: Official Review: Why She has to Die by Shirley Scott

Post by KLafser »

Yep, you hooked me. I'm completely intrigued by how you describe the writing, how clever! It's almost never one sided when relationships break down, and to be able to offer perspective on both sides has got to be difficult for the author. Looking forward to reading this one!
jamm001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by jamm001 »

Hinting an unexpected ending makes me want to read it. As well as, stating that it is good for people who are interested in relationship, for people who works as Counselor or therapist. I am not one of those two, but I am really interested in psychology, the human mind, reactions to certain events, and human interactions. Although I am not quite comfortable with the domestic violence so much, I am wondering how did the relationship resulted in such situation. Reading the book can be give me pointers in handling relationships too. Thank you! Hoping to read this one!
Asen Stoyanchev
Favorite Book: Demon Freaks
Currently Reading: Sigrfried's Smelly Socks
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asen-stoyanchev.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Asen Stoyanchev »

Deep, gritty, and dark, this sounds like one hell of a read. I really enjoy hard reads that are emotionally draining.Thanks for the wonderful review that make me want to read the book right away.
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

kdstrack wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 16:05 Many of the chapters are actually paired. First you will hear one side of the story and then the other person will explain their perspective of what happened. As each one tells their story, the author allows the reader to be the jury.
That sounds like a really great way of structuring a book. It's a pity about the errors, but your review is very clear and helpful.
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Eileen R »

This sounds like a book with an interesting perspective. I think it shows the realistic side of most relationships. We're so used to one person being the abuser that we often forget that it can go both ways. Thanks for the review
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

The book talks about a good relationship gone south and the gross abuse that ensued. It sounds exciting but also realistic which makes it relatively disturbing for emotionally sensitive readers. I'm sensitive too, so I'll pass on this one. Thanks for the excellent review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”