Official Review: Lost In NY Till New Year by Nujaz Fowler

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: Lost In NY Till New Year by Nujaz Fowler

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lost In NY Till New Year" by Nujaz Fowler.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Nujaz Fowler an author, musician and producer from Boston shares about his first experience in New York in his book, Lost in NY Till New Year. Nujaz and his brothers Reese and Quay leave their home for a fun-filled exploration of the magnificent city. Unfortunately, things do not go as they had planned and Nujaz gets lost after a devastating shooting in Manhattan.

At first, the beauty of the city engulfs him and he spends some moments taking everything in. He is mesmerized by the neon lights, the colorful billboards and the beautiful fireworks. For a moment, he is drawn by the beauty of the scene. However, reality soon shows its snarling head and Nujaz remembers his mission to try and get back to Reese and Quay. His chances of being able to do so become slimmer with every minute that passes. Making matters worse, he seems to have left his cell phone behind and without it, Nujaz cannot reach his brothers or mother. Fortunately for him, he can recall his mother’s number which comes in handy for him later. Nujaz finds himself surprised by what he sees in New York. Many times he is frightened while other times he gets to enjoy being in the city.

The book, Lost in NY Till New Year by Nujaz Fowler, unfortunately, was full of grammatical errors which made me arrive at my decision of rating the book 2 out of 4 stars. In many instances, the author mixes up tenses which made it difficult for me to read the book seamlessly. The errors drew my focus and attention away from the plot as they were really distracting. In some cases, speech marks were left out making my comprehension of the dialogues contained in the book quite strenuous. The development of the book was fairly done. Still, there were noticeable gaps in the story.

Even so, Lost in NY Till New Year is not an entirely faulty plot. There were a few highlights that stood out for me. The author, Nujaz Fowler, does a great job in incorporating action scenes in the story which heightened the suspense within the storyline. Every reader appreciates a book whose plot is not fully predictable and I am no exception. I liked that many scenes gripped my interest and were not foreseeable. In some scenes, there were also traces of humor.

The ending of the book was also surprising and memorable. It was a great climax to all the adventures that the author had gone through.

Lost In NY Till New Year
View: on Bookshelves

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

Thanks for this - it sounds a bit of a let-down, but perhaps it would make a good-film (the grammatical errors wouldn't matter so much). Intrigued by what you say about the ending - but not enough to want to read it to find out.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Post by EmunahAn »

Libs_Books wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 13:22 Thanks for this - it sounds a bit of a let-down, but perhaps it would make a good-film (the grammatical errors wouldn't matter so much). Intrigued by what you say about the ending - but not enough to want to read it to find out.
Thank you for reading my review and also sharing your sentiments.
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”