Official Review: The Flower Girl Murder by Keith Hirshland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: The Flower Girl Murder by Keith Hirshland

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Flower Girl Murder" by Keith Hirshland.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Two bodies, a passionate longing for revenge and a relentless detective are the perplexing turns that culminate into one perturbing mystery that grips the quiet town of Raleigh, North Carolina. Teri Hickox, a young, unflinching and unfazed young woman carries pain with her, pain that has grown into a powerful force of resentment. She is out to seek revenge and she will stop at nothing. Still, she is patient and calculating, never in a hurry to achieve her mission.

On the other hand, there is detective Marc Allen. He has seen his share of crime yet he cannot seem to solve this one. A compassionate and loving wife is found dead and no one seems to know why not even the experienced detective. Months go by and frustration seems to kick in but Marc will not give up. He has to find the cold-blooded killer; otherwise more bodies will keep showing up.

Then there is newscaster Lancaster Heart and his soon to be bride, Brodie Murdoch. Their story adds to the depth of the overall story. Lancaster and his colleague, Denise Clawsew, work along detective Marc Allen to report the murders happening in Raleigh.

The Flower Girl Murder by Keith Hirshland is an epic book full of riveting suspense. The fascinating story of a quest to solve two murders is elevated by well-defined characters. Most are strong-willed and determined which heightens the captivating nature of the plot. The characters’ personalities are also authentic with flaws and strengths that many readers can relate to.

I also liked where the story is set. The tranquil town of Raleigh serves as a brilliant setting for the fast-paced murder mystery. The nature of the town serves as a sharp distinction to the blood-curdling murders that have begun to emerge within the area. The murders shock the town residents adding to the gripping nature of the story.

The development of the book’s plot was definitely skilfully done with different sub-plots that subsequently flowed into the main story. Keith Hirshland presents a town just like any other with residents carrying out their ordinary occupations. Somehow, all the characters relate to each other sufficiently despite their different pursuits in life and the drama surrounding each of them. This factor also added to the authenticity of the whole storyline.

Overall, The Flower Girl Murder by Keith Hirshland is filled with compelling intrigue that kept me glued to the book from the beginning to the end. The plot climaxes into a thrilling close. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. It is a must-read for lovers of mystery-murder books.

The Flower Girl Murder
View: on Bookshelves

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

Based on your review, I would be very interested in this book. I like the contrast of the fast-paced whodunnit set against a simple, sleepy town! Especially enthralling is the idea that the townsfolk think they know each other well and are most likely not sure who to trust anymore.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Seems to me a book with lot perspectives played. Sounds like a fascinating detective read! Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I live semi near Raleigh, so I'm already liking the setting. It defintely sounds intriguing. Great review. I'll look into this one. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Marian_21
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Marian_21 »

It's quite similar to "Riverdale." Involving different types of characters that played role to the murder. Somehow which is funny in a small town you would know mostly of the people and it's not just a coincidence knowing them.
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

This sounds like something I'd really enjoy. Thanks for the review!
Poppy Drear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poppy-drear.html
Latest Review: Five of Pentacles by Anna Munson

Post by Poppy Drear »

I like that two interconnected murders were the focus of this book. It could lose focus, but if done correctly as it seems to have been here, it provides a broader look into the characters and setting.
MrsDarcy
Currently Reading: Sense and Sensibility
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsdarcy.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by MrsDarcy »

If the title of the book didn't hook my interest for this story, your review sure did! I like a good thriller every now and then, but there's one thing every book that i read must have--well-developed characterizations. I think it's important to have relatable characters with flaws and motives, and it sounds like this story does a pretty good job of this--especially with the character of Teri Hickox.

I can't wait to start reading 8)
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

Authentic characters in a double murder mystery with compelling intrigue... sounds like a must read! I also like the juxtaposition of double dramatic death in a sleepy small town. Thanks for the great review!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
ChelleLynnC
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by ChelleLynnC »

Your review was great! It definitely made me want to read this book! I love murder mystery books and definitely am going to put this on my list! Thank you for putting the intrigue I needed to put this as a must read!
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

I'm not a fan of murder mystery novels. However, this plot sounds quite intriguing. An apparent good wife is murdered and no one knows why. Did she have a secret? I always think we never get to know a person perfectly and some people just show the surface of themselves. Thanks for this intriguing review!
Savinghope 1

Post by Savinghope 1 »

I love the outcome and I'm interested in the detective to see how things will be handle. Exciting to read.
Vfelicia2

Post by Vfelicia2 »

The Flower Girl Murder by Keith Hirshland

I would be interested in reading this book, im into crime mystery books.
naughtygirl_7
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by naughtygirl_7 »

ism not fond of mystery book, but i am so interested about the character of the story, on how they played the role.. especially the young girl, her character is so interesting. what does goes in her minds?
KLafser
Currently Reading: Nine Perfect Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 574
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klafser.html
Latest Review: The Road From Money by Sylvester Boyd Jr.

Post by KLafser »

I love it when the sub-plots bring the story together. This sounds like a good read! Thanks for the review!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”