Official Review: Bound by Michael Campbell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Official Review: Bound by Michael Campbell

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bound" by Michael Campbell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bound by Michael Campbell is an erotic mystery conveying an unusual tale. Tom Amore, a weird young man in his early twenties, is working off a debt as a houseboy to a rich widow named Jacqueline. He takes care of the domestic chores just as he satisfies Jacqueline and Ginger's infernal sexual desires, even Stella's, a staff in the house. In the past, at the age of 15, Ginger ran away from home, and a family friend took her in. Few weeks later, her friend and his boss drugged and raped her. Being intoxicated as well, the rapists were careless, and Ginger killed both of them.

Thanks to Mr. Hale, Jacqueline's father, who cleaned up Ginger's mess and saved her from going to jail. To pay off her debt, since Mr. Hale is now dead, Ginger is serving Jacqueline as a bodyguard and lover. In the meantime, Stella is scheming to steal money from her boss. Being suspicious, Tom starts stalking Stella and on a certain day, encounters a gangster working with her. Too bad Tom gets hurt, and Ginger, who loves Tom so much and hates it when someone bullies him, intervenes, and things get ugly. Eventually, Tom and Ginger find themselves in a deathly situation that will make their relationship stronger.

Set in America, this narrative is full of actions. The beginning is kind of obscure, but as the story gradually unfolds, everything becomes clear. Impressively, the plot is fast paced and engaging. Involving crime and drugs, the tale is full of thrilling adventures. However, it's jam-packed with steamy scenes and conversations. Oftentimes, after kicking off some scenes exposing intense sexual desires and talks, the author ends the description before the characters copulate to avoid having so many explicit sexual scenes. Consequently, this element leaves a reader feeling horny and wanting more of the details or wishing his partner is sitting nearby.

If you're easily offended by books having explicit sexual content, I strongly advise you to keep off this novel. In addition, it features many characters with warped minds. I didn't find any of them likable, but they were exciting enough to keep me hanging on to the tale. All the characters are well developed, lively, and predictable. The female personae are brave, determined, but randy. Having a plot with no twists, the story is suspenseful, and this keeps a reader hypnotized. Honestly, I enjoyed reading it. I was quite entertained by the gangsterish actions and must admit that I was turned on all the way, from the first to the last page.

Forewarned is forearmed. This narrative consist of a lot of bisexual characters, sex acts involving threesome, bondage, discipline, sadism, and masochism (BDSM), and vulgar words. Whereas it contains chiefly dark scenes, it comprises dialogues that can make a reader laugh sometimes. If you read and liked Lesbian Taboo by Katrina Nash and Twisted Threesome by Anisa Jenkins, you may get thrilled by this novel as well.

Lastly, this story is elaborate and exciting. It's well written and professionally edited since I saw just one typographical error. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars, and it'll be a delightful read for mature adults who enjoy reading erotica.

Bound
View: on Bookshelves

Like Rosemary Wright's review? Post a comment saying so!
akinluyioluwaseun11+
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by akinluyioluwaseun11+ »

It's a nice book for adult mind only. I rate it 3 out of 4 star
Adenuga1

Post by Adenuga1 »

It's a very good book but not only adults should be able read it at least teenagers would be able to learn lessons
DavianB

Post by DavianB »

It a nice short story, it really held my attention, rate 4 out of 5 stars
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

If I enjoy reading an erotic novel from time to time, it is usually a romantic one. This one is too dark and focuses too much on abuse and destructive relationships for my taste. Thank you for your honest review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Kutoyi Clare
Currently Reading: Cossack
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kutoyi-clare.html
Latest Review: The Inmate by Alan P. Woodruff

Post by Kutoyi Clare »

Just from your review I already know this is my typa book. I also love how you describe the events it's like an reading it already!
Rita Sackey

Post by Rita Sackey »

I did not reply enjoyed the book cos I really didn't get some understanding
Ngosi

Post by Ngosi »

The story is well framed and interesting, but it left the reader somewhere hanging after Tom and Ginger became Friends
The book is good only to mature people who have known such kind of actions in the story happens
Title of book could be Lesbians and Hooliganism.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This is definitely not my genre, but I'm glad that you enjoyed it. It sounds interesting for those that like that kind of thing.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

kandscreeley wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 08:59 This is definitely not my genre, but I'm glad that you enjoyed it. It sounds interesting for those that like that kind of thing.
Thanks kandscreeley. Yeah, it'll be a great read for people that enjoy such stuff.
KFree_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfree-reads.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by KFree_Reads »

Sounded like a book I would read up until the 2nd paragraph. It's a bit over the top for my liking. I'll have a pass on this one. Nice review! Glad you enjoyed the book.
bakimono13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bakimono13.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by bakimono13 »

I like how erotically it sounds. And because I read your good review to this book I admit it made me interested to read the book :)
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

The plot is mind-blowing for sure! The premise is very interesting! Definitely checking it out
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Hmmm, sexual indenture, definitely intriguing. Having just reviewed a very sexually explicit book myself, I appreciate the professionality of your review! Thanks!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Nena_Morena
Favorite Book: The Notebook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nena-morena.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by Nena_Morena »

Thank you for your beautiful review. It's very captivating and it gave me a good picture of the book without any spoilers. It doesn't sound like a book I would read, but your words really intrigued me. Great job !

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”