Official Review: Busted by Michele I. Khoury

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Busted by Michele I. Khoury

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

I have been guilty of not answering my phone as well, so I cannot blame the characters for that one! Otherwise, this sounds like something I'd enjoy. Any book that takes me on an emotional rollercoaster ride is worth my consideration. I am glad that the book was professionally edited. Thank you for the superb review!
Wadie princeton
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Wadie princeton »

It's very weird none of the picked their calls but I admire Gina Mckenna.i am also guilty of not answering phone calls.its was professionally edited and I love the story line.keep it up
jeromeladan

Post by jeromeladan »

Michele I. Khoury's review is simply amazing. Specially when she described that the characters caused a whirlwind of emotions,
the book made her like and hate the heroes and villains of the story and there is a character development in the story. That's what I've been looking for in a book. Heroes must not always be the one to save the day, sometimes they need saving too. Then, I like the part that she told the readers that it's not a mystery genre, but instead it's like watching a game of strategy. Well, I love mysteries, but I'll still read this one because from my impression of Michele's review, it's still a mystery - whether the heroes will outsmart the villains, or the other way around.
Bookcool123
Currently Reading: The Relik
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookcool123.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Bookcool123 »

Great review. An action romance book in a present-day setting is a catchy read. I need to have a copy of this.
ikingburiking77
Currently Reading: Orope the white snake
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikingburiking77.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by ikingburiking77 »

The book review is very accurate and detailed. This story by Michele I. Khoury is indeed a great read. The story flow is easy to follow and the plot is not too heavy, I mean it does involve crime, drugs, sex, but upon reading I just couldn't put the free book copy down and want to learn more about the outcome of the story. From the onset you will connect with the characters so easily and how real their struggles are to a reader's point of view. Will definitely buy this book and recommend it to adult readers.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

Quite informative and precise review. It's interesting to see that the characters brought you both positive and negative impacts as you read though, i like that. The book seem to have a vivid story line that i wouldn't want to miss. Am adding the book to my book shelf.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I'm actually glad to hear that this book is more of a game of strategy than a mystery. I love a good mystery, but I too often figure it out ahead of time and that can be anti-climactic for me. A game of strategy, however, would keep me on my toes and keep my brain active, which I love in this sort of book. I am also very happy that the writer seems to have done her research. Thank you for the helpful and thorough review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

What a great review. I am very interested in reading this book. The sample pages along with the brief summary on Amazon had me hooked, but I must say after reading your review I will definitely add this book to my "want to read" shelf. I am glad you gave a heads up about the genre. I would have thought this was a mystery book but after your summary, although there is little mystery involved, there is still a lot of intriguing elements to the plot. I love a good cat and mouse game in a thriller and can't wait to see how it all ends. The character development seems likable and I can't help cheering for Gina.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

I love crime thrillers add in suspense, great characters and some bit of romance you have my attention. Although its not that mysterious I guess I will read it in future. Great review.
Wizwealth

Post by Wizwealth »

This book triggered my attention because of the activities of the DEA agents, so superb.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

This didn't sound like a book I would like at first, but now that I've seen the high reviews on Amazon, and read your excellent review, I may have to reevaluate my thoughts. I did think that this sounds like it would make a great TV show. Thanks for your detailed insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I loved your review, especially the way you have described the emotions the book triggered within you. I think I would love the book if I can feel for the characters to such extent. I feel that making the reader love the heroes and hate the villains is often tough, but it is tougher to generate reactions that work the other way round. Thanks for this insightful review.
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino

Post by jessinikkip »

I am very glad to hear that the facts are accurate. However, due to the review mentioning there is graphic depiction of drug use, which usually I don't enjoy in a story, I'll be skipping this one.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

I see this story as one of the best genres as it has a blend of important issues such as love, friendship, romance and others. I wouldn't dispute the fact that the book is flawlessly written and perfect. The reviewer has undoubtedly done a good job.
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee

Post by Cristina Chifane »

From what I have understood from the sample, Gina has a relationship with Jason, not Miguel, right? Anyway, the book is not exactly my cup of tea. I think both the dialogues and the action lack credibility. Thanks for your review, though.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”