The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aladon
Currently Reading: What She Knew
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aladon.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

Post by Aladon »

I just finished reading this book. I loved the book right up until the ending. It was well written and kept you guessing, but the twist at the end really threw me. Without spoiling it for others who haven’t read it yet I was wondering what others thought about the ending. I thought the ending ruined the book. What does anyone else think?
samjen23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by samjen23 »

That’s kind of how I figured it might end, but like you I was hoping for a different ending. It took me a while to get into this book, but once I did I found it pretty gripping.
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SparklesonPages »

Aladon wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 21:46 I just finished reading this book. I loved the book right up until the ending. It was well written and kept you guessing, but the twist at the end really threw me. Without spoiling it for others who haven’t read it yet I was wondering what others thought about the ending. I thought the ending ruined the book. What does anyone else think?
The book itself was interesting and I enjoyed it up until the end. I would tend to agree with you, it was disappointing.
beck0823
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by beck0823 »

I was a little disappointed in the ending as well, it did not really tie things together the way I was hoping it would. But what bothered me more was how much I disliked the protagonist. Lo just was not a relatable or sympathetic character to me, and it was distracting throughout the story.
Fuzzy456
Currently Reading: The Spirit of Want
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzzy456.html
Latest Review: My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor
Reading Device: B00N9ZVN90

Post by Fuzzy456 »

Yes, I too was disappointed with the end of the book. Definitely not the best ending.
taylorferraro
Favorite Book: Artemis
Currently Reading: Helter Skelter
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by taylorferraro »

I really thought that the ending to me was a COMPLETE plot twist. I always love books that have me guessing it's one person, but they turn the whole thing around and make it someone else. I was on the edge of my seat reading this and I made my mom read it IMMEDIATELY after I finished it!
Nasinash
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Bound by Duty
Bookshelf Size: 31
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Nasinash »

Yes, even I felt somewhat disoriented after reading the ending. It left me quiet perplexed. But the book was spectacular minus the ending.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

This book was an “I can’t put down” kind of books. There were so many unexpected twists to the. story. Honestly, I really expected it to end different though. I was disappointed by the end, however , will give this author another chance to see how she ended another book she wrote .
RCHL
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rchl.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by RCHL »

It seems I'm in the minority, but I didn't really like this book. The main character repeated herself constantly, saying she was terrified of everything and had a drinking problem. Then she continued to do terrifying things (go on a trip to a foreign country by herself in an area with no cell service) and continued to drink constantly. I also disliked that she spent the entire book saying how disappointed she is in her lack of a meaningful career and that all she ever wanted was to be a real journalist making a difference. Yet she couldn't be bothered to do research for this trip. The ending was the only part that actually interested me because it wasn't predictable and didn't simply show the main character acting in a pathetic way.
Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: By The Rivers of Babylon by Mary Glickman

Post by Kristin Cowan »

Ruth Ware is always hit or miss for me, but I have not read this one yet. I am debating adding it to my list based on mixed reviews so thank you for your input!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”