Featured Official Review: Stoned for His Faith by Reynold Conger

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Featured Official Review: Stoned for His Faith by Reynold Conger

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stoned for His Faith" by Reynold Conger.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Stoned for His Faith by Reynold Conger is a fiction with a tale about Randy Koenig, a pastor and an author. Pastor Koenig just retired from being the minister of Good News Baptist Church in New Mexico. Recently, he released a book that unveils how a Christian can witness for Christ to a Muslim effectively. Due to his compassion toward people, he relocates to Wounded Buffalo Indian Reservation in North Dakota to ride the circuit in order to revive six Baptist churches in the area. Before now, the followers of Jesus Christ in the land were like sheep without a shepherd.

Meanwhile, in Minneapolis, Janet, a college student, has been reading Koenig’s book, and she is using the methods she got from the text to preach the Gospel to her friend, Amna, a Pakistani Muslim girl. Unfortunately, one day, Janet forgets the book in her friend’s car, and Amna’s father sees it, gets furious, and strikes her. With fear, Amna runs away from home. Her father reports the incident to a mullah, who considers the book as blasphemous and therefore employs an Islamic team consisting of a former intelligence officer to track down Koenig so that they can suppress the publication. Can Koenig elude this seeming righteous indignation of these overzealous men?

Written from a Christian perspective, this crime thriller is captivating and entertaining. The plot is simple, easy to read, and fast paced. As I started reading, I got caught up in the tale right off. The makeup gets a reader hypnotized and wondering how it will end. At one time, I thought I was reading a nonfiction because the author’s description of places and events seemed so real. The characters are well developed and relatable. Actually, they depict strength and courage. In a fascinating manner, Reynold provided enough details for each persona to balance the story. Pastor Koenig the focal character is calm, interesting, and has a very pleasant personality.

In a concise way, this work explains the nature of Christianity. Exploring the themes of the outcomes of faith, bravery, love, true and chaste friendships, it provides adequate lessons to keep someone on the right path all his life. Interestingly, it teaches how to see things from a moral perspective without being judgmental. A reader can easily grasp some simple and reliable methods to win more souls into the Christendom from it. Being a believer, this narration has strengthened my faith, and I have learned some new things that will be useful to me for the rest of my life. Surely, I’ll read it again. It's important for me to add that some non-believers may not like to read this narrative. Furthermore, this novel proves that God answers prayers and protects those who call upon Him. Likewise, it encourages the followers of Jesus Christ to learn to forgive and lend a helping hand to others even non-Christians.

Although the narrative comprises several characters, the author was able to connect them efficaciously. Really, the only challenge I faced was having to concentrate more at the beginning to ensure I followed every character accordingly. Frankly, I’ve not read a novel like this one for a long while. Unexpectedly, I let out a cheer when I was reading a scene exhibiting a rescue operation by some Sioux teenagers. It made me concur that “no Sioux is a coward.” That’s a slogan from the book. I’m delighted that Reynold based the story on the Native American culture and setting.

Lastly, this fiction is intriguing, engaging, informative, and inspiring. In addition, it’s professionally edited and thus I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. With much pleasure, I recommend it for lovers of crime thrillers, Christians, and non-Christians.

Stoned for His Faith
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rosemary Wright's review? Post a comment saying so!
Zioklui prosper
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zioklui prosper »

Thank you for recommending this wonderful book to the world. May God Bless you. I really love the book.
KFree_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfree-reads.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by KFree_Reads »

Great review! This book sounds really interesting. I think I might try this one. Thanks for your review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds like a pretty interesting book. It's an intriguing concept for a Christian Crime Thriller. I appreciate your lovely information. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
prettysmart
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart »

Admirable review! One must always stand up and fight their beliefs. Don't give up the fight!
Robbie-2017

Post by Robbie-2017 »

This review made me anxious to read this book. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

Revealing review, sounds like a good book for those who seek situational guidance on ministry among people from faiths other than Christian.
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

I generally don't pick up crime thrillers but I thoroughly enjoyed your review!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

OMG! Despite the scenario in the book reflects the reality, this is certainly for real. I am getting goosebumps while reading the plot. Thanks for sharing this book! But it also reflects on the concerns that religions have towards each other. This is truly concerning!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

I enjoyed your review and thanks. I get a bit concerned with this kind of book, especially when there is already a lot of hate speech going around aimed at people of the Muslim faith (particularly in the US, where I am located). This seems to risk creating more of problems (and promoting fear) based on stereotypes generally believed to be true about ALL Muslims by some people of the Christian faith. I sure hope they treated that possibility with sensitivity.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

I am a believer myself and I loved the review so thank you I am sure to read it in the future.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
DathanReeves
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dathanreeves.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by DathanReeves »

I recall there was a moment in the film "God's Not Dead" that involved a muslim father and it recieved loads of backlash and accusations of islamphobia. Do you think crirics of the book will attack the book for the same reason?
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

Thank you to all of you that have taken out time to read this review. I appreciate it. Although this book contains a story with people from two different religious worlds, it was carefully written to avoid instigating anger. The aim of the novel is to encourage forgiveness and kindness so that people with different religious beliefs can live together peacefully, and another purpose is to entertain you. So, please do get it and read it. I hope you'll enjoy it, too.
Playermojo007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Playermojo007 »

Thankyou for your review. I definitely will be looking out for this. I always enjoy dipping into other people's worlds.
jonathan2018

Post by jonathan2018 »

wow this article is full of spiritual lessons.the review is so entertaining too.good to learn existence of things in the spiritual world.i will revisit later

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”