Featured Official Review: Stoned for His Faith by Reynold Conger

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shery1251984
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Featured Official Review: Stoned for His Faith by Reynold Conger

Post by shery1251984 »

Admirable review! One must always stand up and fight
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

This book somehow reflects the sad events in my country as there were priests that were shot in the middle of Eucharistic celebration and in public. I feel like they were the modern believers stoned for their faith. So this book will be informative and inspiring as this review said.
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

This sounds so different. Super intrigued and thank you for the great review!
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
ParkerMom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by ParkerMom »

This sounds really good, is there a link for it?
Kelsey anne
Currently Reading: Murder on the Orient Express
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Kelsey anne »

Reynold Conger's native American culture based book Stoned for his Faith is all about staying true to yourself and being the best person you can be. Religion plays a huge role in a society and some people are accepting that others have different beliefs and some believe that there is only one way and everyone else is wrong. This is very important when it comes to a young girl who is trying to help her friend Amna who is a Pakistani Muslim, understand more about her Christian culture. When Amna's father finds a book about Christianity that Amna had forgotten in the car he becomes very angry with Amna. He becomes so angry toward Amna that he hits her and this terrified the poor young girl. It wasn't fair that Amna was being forced to believe something that she didn't want to. There's so many different beliefs about everything in this world and Amna is so young and hasn't experienced any of it yet. She should be able to decide what she will believe on based on her own life and the things that she has learned. This causes Amna to run away from home. Her father puts on a whole search party and wants to meet the author of the book he found in the car, to tell him he should stop preaching and publishing his book. How selfish can Amna's father be? There are many others out there that this book has helped and he wants to take that away from people? This book is inspirational and thrilling all at the same time, it encourages people to have the freedom to be there own person and believe in what they want.
adedapo86

Post by adedapo86 »

The book is an inspired book for Christ disciples who have passioned for the lost souls
It serves as energizer for the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Godwin86

Post by Godwin86 »

I just joined the Forum and from the reviews and comments one can see the book promises Edutainment to a Voracious reader like my self, only hope i can lay hand on one soon
Godwin86

Post by Godwin86 »

thats it, there are times people do with good intention only for others to misunderstand. See the father of this innocent muslim girl he took everything to an almost undue extent here. Altho its a fiction but i see it really applies matters too. Let us always learn to keep our cool and to make no Fuss about nothing. Let love always prevail. We must know that religon is made for man and not otherwise but when we start to kill for religion we Abuse God's purpose of religion. Pls let us always note this, thanks for bringing this up.
AT6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by AT6 »

Christian crime. Lots of lessons to learn from this book. Thanks for the review.
David Nguli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by David Nguli »

After reading the review of the book,have learned alot more how to relate with different people from different religions. Hope I can get it in Kenya so that I can also read it fully.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

Sounds good and informative. Thank you for the review.
AWANDO OGUTU
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awando-ogutu.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by AWANDO OGUTU »

The book seeks to explain the value of evangelization and spread of the good news. It states that Christianity can as well be spread to persons of different faith including Muslims.
tbj
Currently Reading:

Post by tbj »

Great book with an exciting storyline. It illustrates just what could be happening to a christian, somewhere in the world.
Damaris Juliet
Favorite Book: The Book of Joy
Currently Reading: One Way or Another (The Sisters Quartet)
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damaris-juliet.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Damaris Juliet »

Thankyou very much Rosemary Wright for the good review,this is just very similar to the bible,I like it.
jomika
Currently Reading:

Post by jomika »

This book is so inspiring,I love the way it teaches one about faith

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”