Official Review: Malice of the Cross by Jeremy Croston

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Re: Official Review: Malice of the Cross by Jeremy Croston

Post by DancingLady »

cristinaro wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 06:14 The story is inspired by the real historical figure of Vlad Tepes who ruled in Romania in the 15th century. He had 5 children; one of them was a boy called Radu. The legend of Vlad Dracula comes from this ruler in history who was not a vampire, but who was known for his ruthless punishment of his enemies. If you remember, the legend was first exploited by Bram Stoker at the end of the 19th century. I am always curious to see the legend reinterpreted and used in fiction. Thank you for your review!
I thought sure he had a younger brother named Radu as well, or perhaps that was just in a certain movie as well.

I wish this wasn’t so gory or I would likely have been interested. I read Bram Stoker’s Dracula years ago and also another novel that included a lot of history and liked both of those, but this sounds like too much for me.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”