Thirst - author -Christopher Pike

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tamara_mc41
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-mc41.html

Thirst - author -Christopher Pike

Post by tamara_mc41 »

thirst is a series of books following the story of a ancient 5,000 year old vampire named Sita.
the book cover is simple white with a picture of the main character "Sita".
in the book you meet alot of different characters that have a wide array of personality's and roles in Sita's tale. as the book goes on the author found interesting ways of making the personality's of the characters change and grow. for example yaksha. (the creator) in the beginning he plays the darkest of demons and by the end of the book although you might find liking him to be difficult, he is one that goes through the hardest of situations and finds peace.
book one is focused on Sita's beginnings and unraveling how she became who she is presently.
every couple of pages is more action, more horror, and more blood.

for Sita danger is the norm.

the book is also focused around the belief in Krishna (hindu) and how that god plays a role in Sita's life is beautifully written.

this book book does have some sexual situations in it, but nothing to graphic. i think this book is suited for age 15 and up .

it is very violent, and lots of gore.
over all i very much have enjoyed reading this book and am currently on book 2. (113 pages in and its taken a very different vibe from the first)
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I love Thirst! I recommend it to anyone interested in vampire books. I greatly appreciate that you have read it and are spreading the word. I have not yet started the next one. I definitely devoured the first book, I'm so glad that these books are so long.
jessica3287

Post by jessica3287 »

This book was great. I was hooked from the first chapter. It leaves you wanting more. The style and tone make for an amazing read. While there is some gore and sexual content, it truly makes for a good read for anyone interested in a good vampire tale.
SPDFBOOKS31

Post by SPDFBOOKS31 »

The story is interesting. The outline is good and for the adventurous and brave children. Some children after reading about demon gets scared. So be careful and read it because it is full of prehistoric Hindu adventure and thinkings.
Zonera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zonera.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Zonera »

thirst was ones of first books which made me fall in love with the fantasy genre and also the way Christopher has explained all those details, connecting it to Hinduism <3 Loved it.
Kayla Carnicle
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: Devil in False Colors
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Kayla Carnicle »

favorite. Liked the way Seymore and Sita bonded with each other. I think they were only friends I'm not sure. Then they had to get at the Tellers in order to achieve things. I forgot the thing they needed but it has something about The Tellers.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”