Official Review: The Broadcast by Liam Fialkov

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Re: Official Review: The Broadcast by Liam Fialkov

Post by truebookaddict »

Given what you said about the story versus the more technical aspects of the writing, etc., I'm inclined to think that I will enjoy this book. Since it's only 99 cents, I think I'll grab a copy. I'm really intrigued by the time travel and I like the idea of the historical aspect it contains. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I have sampled the first chapters and I liked the idea and the author's writing style. I noticed he moves from one character to another. Thank you for clarifying the fact that he does a good job in finding a way to veridically connect all different threads of the story.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

This sounds like a great book - thanks for the informative review. I love psychological thrillers.
Lwanzo
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Lwanzo »

The mysterious story interests me, although there are always fantasies. This means that if I love them this is because it amuses me. For me this revision is exhaustive because I have the idea about what the author speaks to us through this book after reading.
fokelove
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by fokelove »

THE BROADCAST BY LIAM FIALKOV- story is really great and so are the characters. Also, the book does not have graphic nor violent scenes, which made the story suitable for younger audiences. I would totally recommend this book to anyone who is really interested in mystery, character development, and history.
Nanooka1

Post by Nanooka1 »

This book sounds like an interesting read. I really am interested in books about time travel, and I like mysteries, too. I think this review would cause me to want to pick the book up and read it just to find out the answers about the show's enigmas. It's disappointing that the characters don't seem to have any real dialogue but with a good enough story, that can be overlooked. I did read the sample and wasn't thrilled with the jumping around to the different characters, but knowing it'll all be tied together, I'd be willing to finish reading the book just to get to all of the mysteries.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes

Post by Surabhi Rani »

In the 'Official Review: The Broadcast, by Liam Fialkov', the reviewer puts all his effort, to bring the best out of the book! The review, helps build a positive opinion in the reader, about reading it!
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Despite the flaws, I can see that your review still shows that this book is highly recommended. Well, you definitely got my attention because tbh, I don't find this book appealing at first. Anyway, I added this already on my tbr. kudos!
Mr mike B
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Mr mike B »

review of "The Broadcast" by Liam Fialkov.]

The most thrilling story I have ever read in my life . story filled with conspiracy theories all through ,some proven others awaiting and others lost in the thin air.

The book has very fascinating characters like Michael the adopted kid in a happy family now he got a sister who she feel is more advantaged but his foster parents try compensate on that .He is talented and a bright kid and very outgoing especially at school school where even the teachers like him.We see how humble he is when they form a music band and just doesn't want to be the lead vocalist.

Jonathan and Walter are brothers both antagonist which was brought up by the death of there parents.walter try to blame Jonathan for everything , having the chance to be with there parent till the last minute,while Jonathan blame Walter for not being there for him after they were separated by the social workers

Walter is now a TXB producer a broadcasting company that is airing the unsolved muder,He later meets with this police officer , a nice guy who isn't much to the media . who has unsolved case and would like the broadcasting company to help with

Jonathan is married to the lover of his life Sarah who had a really hard life before .Lost her son , in circumstances like robbery

I would rate this book 4 out of 5 .It has good flow of event less grammar mistakes and entertaining book
zeeraahh
Favorite Book: Every Day
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeeraahh.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by zeeraahh »

Mystery novels have always been one of my utmost pleasures to read, simply because I like the thrill of wonder and curiosity as we read the book; which, in the end, gets to be satisfied with juicy answers and revelations. (I hope.) Connecting the dots is fun and I think when I have the chance, I'd like to give The Broadcast a try too.

Thanks for the helpful review! :lol2:
salbs
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salbs.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by salbs »

Thank you for your review. I read the sample and although the story itself was interesting I too found something about the writing to be a bit disjointed. It felt somewhat rushed. Having said that, the idea that the past could be observed and therefore questions answered is fascinating
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

The broadcast got me at psychological thriller, conspiracy theories and time travel. The plot sounds intriguing, I will put it on my reading list.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

A psychological thriller unveiling how a mysterious TV show affects the lives of some people. Seems intriguing. Thanks for the review.
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

The book seems to be full of suspense, and can effortlessly draw the reader to the edge of their seats...I am a big fan of psychological thrillers, I just like the twists that unfold in the plot. Thanks for the review.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
Mugwe0798302624
Currently Reading:

Post by Mugwe0798302624 »

The book is much of a movie thus makes critical thinking come around the mind of the reader . Wish to read it.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”