Official Review: What Happened To Flynn by Pat Muir

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Re: Official Review: What Happened To Flynn by Pat Muir

Post by truebookaddict »

In all, this sounds like a pretty solid police mystery. I really like the sound of the main character, Shane. We need more strong female characters out there. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

I enjoy detective stories. This seems to be a good one. I should read this.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
MollyEnter
Currently Reading: The Altitude Journals
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollyenter.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by MollyEnter »

Thanks for the review! I'm not usually interested in detective mysteries (i prefer thrillers), especially if they drag at all. I might give this one a chance, though, because I do appreciate a good story that wraps everything up in the end.
"There is something about words. In expert hands, manipulated deftly, they take you prisoner.”
– Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale
Ruadhan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruadhan.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by Ruadhan »

A mystery that winds through multiple false trails and other crimes sounds interesting. Thank you for the review!
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

:o I love characters that I can trust. Admittedly, I don’t think this book is my cup of tea, but your review does make it sound pretty good!
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

This book sounds like my kind of story. I love crime mysteries and the fact that the main character is not someone typically found in these kind of books is a plus. It's a shame that it had frequent errors, though. However, I think I can handle it. Thank you for the review.
- Eline -
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by - Eline - »

Yes, this book is honestly good, it's not all about being biased to the character, like just spoon feeding the main character about the facts and eventually leading the main character getting all the answers to tge question, "What happened to Flynn?" And instead, makes us feel more intrigued and leaves us wanting to know more of the story. I honestly liked this review! You share the same thoughts as mine
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

A tale about murder, money laundering, sexism, and racism. It seems like the book has a lot to offer. Thanks for the review.
Steviens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Steviens »

The book looks great but does not brings out the suspense i was looking for in a detective book
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I really liked your review. It makes the book much more clear to me. I like that it was simple to read and the resolution was unexpected. Also agree that having a strong central character in this type of story is important. I didn't finish reading this book, so it's a little disappointing that it gets away from the main case, but you are probably right that it makes it more realistic. Thanks for your excellent review.
Shahanaz Shanta
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Shahanaz Shanta »

The review was well-written and spoiler-less. But what was told as fault of this book was not included in the reasons of losing rating! From the review it does not make the book that much interesting because this type (detective thriller) should be exiting such a way that interest creates to read it continuouslly without break! The book's plot is messy and not that much exiting as the review!
However,may be I will give a try or not!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

It's seems very thrilling and intriguing story of this mysterious murder case of Flynn. Thanks for your review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Cyber4040

Post by Cyber4040 »

To be honest with you that was a great review especially in the manner of your organization. But sincerely speaking I don't get to enjoy books with many strata and from your review we tend to have a climse that the book is sub divided in to many units even if they are all connected
Echob
Currently Reading:

Post by Echob »

Very true about starting slow, with a lot of focus on details rather than story building. The story itself has indeed all the twist and turns to keep you reading with likable characters. Thank you for such a detailed review.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: What Happened To Flynn, by Pat Muir', for me, well supplements the book, by giving a basic idea about it!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”