Official Review: "Elvis Aaron Presley Death of a...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: "Elvis Aaron Presley Death of a...

Post by Emie Cuevas »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of ""Elvis Aaron Presley Death of a King"" by friendfromyesteryear.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Elvis Presley is dead! Alternatively, did he fake it? If he’s dead, did he die of natural causes? These are the questions that Elvis Aaron Presley “Death” of a “King” by Friendfromyesteryear seeks to answer. The book claims to be a factual work and a fictional story. How can it be both? Well the author wrote a story about two people talking about the information that he discovered. I believe the information to be factual but the means of delivering that information to the reader to be fictional.

The story is about two people, Jesse, who is a true “friend” of Elvis and Tony. Tony is the protégé of Jesse and will take on the mantle of “friend” after Jesse dies. In preparation of this time, Jesse is telling Tony the facts about the last days of Elvis’s life, and asks him what conclusions he makes of them.

There is a long discussion about the spelling of Aaron, Elvis Presley’s middle name. All throughout his life he used the spelling “Aron” for his middle name. However, on his gravestone it is spelt “Aaron”. Many people over the years have used this confusion to claim that Elvis is still alive, and that he faked his death. Jesse explain why he thinks that Elvis is really dead, giving some compelling arguments.

Some three years ago, Ginger Alden, who was Elvis’s girlfriend at the time of his death, published a book about their time together, and what happened when she found him dead. This new evidence gave rise to lots of speculation between Jesse and Tony. Did Elvis just die, or was he murdered?

I was born after Elvis died, but I still love his songs. Before I read this book, I never considered there to be anything unusual about either his life, or his death. Now though I have to wonder if I was just naïve. I have no way of checking the facts presented in this narrative, but I did find the photographs that had been included to be very informative.

There are many photographs in the book, some as evidence to show what they are saying is true, but mostly just for illustration. My version of kindle shows everything in black and white, so I don’t know if the pictures are in color or not. They look great as they are but color would make them pop, so I’m disappointed I couldn’t experience that for myself.

The book itself is well written and easy to read. The information portrayed is very clear and easily understood. It is repeated many times so it really sinks in, though for me I found that there was too much repetition. The book could also use another proofreading, as I found many spelling and grammar mistakes. For these reasons I can only give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I think this book would appeal to any Elvis fan and to any fans of conspiracy theories. I think anyone wanting to find out more about how Elvis lived his life shouldn’t read this.

"Elvis Aaron Presley Death of a King"
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Emie Cuevas's review? Post a comment saying so!
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

I would surely want to read this book. I had been of the suspicion that Elvis is still alive. One queer fact that made me think so is why his coffin was not open for public viewing. This had me convinced for a while that this is good evidence that they are hiding something. Upon further consideration, I thought that if they really have to perpetuate that lie, if say there was no body in there, it is just an easy matter to cast a very lifelike wax figure of Elvis' head from Hollywood and put a mannequin body for the sake of appearance. So, why did they not do it? On the other hand, I opined they need not do it because it would not matter, as I have also reasoned out. Now, every possibility is just as true. I now have no belief whatsoever. Thanks for your interesting review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's interesting to me that there has been such a controversy surrounding Elvis's death. That was definitely before my time, but this one does sound quite fun. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
MsTri
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I personally do believe that Elvis is dead, but I understand why fans choose to believe otherwise; I, for instance, choose to believe that Michael Jackson faked his death. Other celebrities rumored to still be alive include Marilyn Monroe and Tupac. But I digress.

The book does sound like an interesting read, though. I don't know why, but I like reading about different conspiracies and such as they pertain to celebrity deaths and/or assassinations. Maybe I'm just weird, *shrug*... In any event, thanks for the introduction to this book. I'll def get a copy.
NL Hartje
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Oh my goodness, your review made me smile. As a child, my father and his mother were (embarassingly) obsessed with Elvis. I am going to suggest this book to them, they'll eat it up!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
prettysmart
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart »

Conspiracy theories materials doesn't appeal to me much but your review made me a bit curious about events encompassing Elvis death and obviously there has been some altercation. I may delve into this one. Thought-provoking review!
Jean-Jacques99
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 322
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jean-Jacques99 »

I would like to read this interesting book.
I'm curious to know the opinion about the death of the great singer !

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”