Bone Music by Christopher Rice

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PatAM
Currently Reading: Treasure Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patam.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Bone Music by Christopher Rice

Post by PatAM »

Bone Music by Christopher Rice is a thriller and the first in The Burning Girl series. I got it as a First Read on Amazon this month.

This is by far one of the WORST books I 've ever read. It's tedious, long winded, disjointed and just all around horrible. I read the entire book and still can't say what it is truely about. I can usually read a book in one to three days. It took me more than a week to get through this one. I found myself looking for any excuse to put it down.

Christopher Rice is the son of Ann Rice so I was really excited about reading this book. He obviously sold it on her coat tails because I don't believe it would have been published otherwise.

The concept of the book is good. The execution is horrible. There are so many characters introduced and none are fleshed out enough. Each character takes you off on a new tangent and none make a lot of sense. The main character would just start to interest me and the book would go off in some other direction a few times and not get back to the burning girl for a few chapters by which time I was no longer interested.

I found myself skipping pages of superfluous matter. I really don't need to know the highway route the characters took in southern California. I don't care to know either. It was filler material that didn't move the story forward and in fact detracted from what was important.

I would not recommend this book to anyone. I debated wether to write this review but decided no one should waste money on this book without warning.

I will never get the week it took me to read it back. Don't waste your time.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”