Review by readlovelearn -- The 11.05 Murders

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
readlovelearn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readlovelearn.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review by readlovelearn -- The 11.05 Murders

Post by readlovelearn »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 11:05 Murders

I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars.

The 11:05 Murders is a fiction crime mystery novel that keeps you on the edge of your seat. This book would appeal mostly to those that are into detective, murder mysteries and who live for a great suspense. However if true crime or murder mysteries are not you’re preferable type of genre of books then this book will not be for you.

In this book a young detective by the name of Sergeant Stewart gets a major first case that involves several murders that happen with a time stamp of 11:05. New to the Serious Crime unit she comes across as defensive and abrasive, but when you learn her back story of the previous station that she transferred from you will totally understand why. I do enjoy seeing her break that barrier and drop her guard with the new team at Strandtown Police Station.

With so many major events including police corruption, stalking, rape and a number of murders the suspect can be many of people. What’s amazing about this book is how all the crimes link together along with the characters which turns the book into a real who done it! There’s a sexual assault that happened many years ago, a man who comes across as a mobster whose wife is also connected to the murders in addition to there being a connection to the assistant medical examiner.

If that doesn’t get you attention the book also raises a question of whether or not there’s a spy in the police station! With that being said I can’t leave out the heinous way in which the body’s are savagely murdered and left. Brian O’ Hare really knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat with this one.

What I liked about this book is that it really caters to those that may be into the true crime and or mystery novels. It doesn’t take a long time to get the the plot of the story and just when you thought you knew who the potential killer may be you’re shocked to find out who it really is. I can’t really find anything that I didn’t like about the book, it was my first time reading a book by the author Brian O’Hare and I can say so far I really enjoyed what I read, I have truly become a fan and I look forward to reading many more his books.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like readlovelearn's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”