Official Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sagali
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sagali.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Re: Official Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Post by sagali »

well to be honest i have not read such a book but from this review i think i will give it a try.
okayode
Currently Reading: Satan and Me and OBE
Bookshelf Size: 110

Post by okayode »

Aside the America-Israel involvement, I don't seem to understand the whole book concept. The review is not totally comprehensive.
Anyway, I will read to decipher what the book is about by myself.
Jamasenu
Favorite Author: Valerie Wilson Wesley
Currently Reading: Change Your Thinking Transform Your Life: 21 Truths to Renew Your Mind in Christ
Bookshelf Size: 1547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamasenu.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 125603

Post by Jamasenu »

Just the sample pages was enough to determine that this will be a good book to read. Action starts immediately and with vivid descriptions that pull the reader into the story.
To survive, you must tell stories.
― Umberto Eco, The Island of the Day Before
GenieHams
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by GenieHams »

Going fine is a good dystopian novel with insights on various types of political wars that can happen in a country and the reasons behind them.
Personally, I find the vignettes very interesting as well as the organization of the book and the plot.
Another thing I am going to enjoy about it is that they would be different point of views because in a war this big, there should and that spices up the whole book trying to understand each character and their reasoning.
This book is very good and I can't wait to read it.
Aremoadegbite
Currently Reading:

Post by Aremoadegbite »

Wow, all hands in the air for a dint of author's hardwork. Though, i did a skimming of going gone but i found the book mind-blowing. Infact, i join the league of persons saying, there is no other book again
Mubleen

Post by Mubleen »

The book tells us the up and down of a society how it can breaks in just a moment, the destruction of a society, how it started with the tragic end. :D
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I find the story of Jessie and the LARGOnauts rather amusing. And the fact that this investigative journalist thinks she can gain information from the cult for her gain. Nice review.
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eddix »

I am intrigued by this storyline. Thanks for the review. It is good!
Charine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 477
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charine.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Charine »

I've read the sample and those few pages gripped me completely. Now that I've read your review I will most probably read an edited version of this book. It's quite an unique novel using different points of view to unfold the events and yet I enjoy getting to know new characters, so this might detract from my enjoyment. You've done another great review!
"You forget what you want to remember, and you remember what you want to forget."
- Cormac McCarthy
queenbeast101
Currently Reading: Going Gone

Post by queenbeast101 »

It opened my curiosity on how will Jessie convinced the leaders of cult the wants to be in. And how will be her life together with them. It intrigued me and urged me to read the book. Thanks for you review.
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

Thanks for the review! I read the first pages and have to admit this book intrigued me.
Berry :wine:
bnoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bnoy.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by bnoy »

This sounds so intriguing, especially seeing the trouble you had trying to summarise it. The method is interesting, I'm glad that the multiple P.O.V largely worked. I can't wait to give it a read. I love dystopian novels.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I haven't read any dystopian books for a while now. Maybe I will give this a try but I am not sure yet because I am not really into political drama. But it's not gonna hurt to put this on my bookshelf ^^ Thanks for the recommendation
Sarabano
Currently Reading: I'll Point to Heaven

Post by Sarabano »

i would cosider reading this book, lately. i think its worth reading ...
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

Thank you for your review. I must agree with you, reading the sample, i found that I was drawn to the words written and couldn't stop reading. After reading the review on Amazon, I didn't realize that this book is a series of short-stories, each independent of each other, yet all inter-connected and told from a different perspective, which is related to the one terrible incident. Reading your review, made me want to read the entire book. Although I normally prefer knowing the outcome of characters in a story, I will be able to shift my focus from characters to the event that occurred. I'm glad that the author took a different approach to writing this story. Normally short stories are stand-alone chapters that not dependent on the other chapters, but the author has uniquely created a series of chapters, which are inter-connected to each other through one incident. I will definitely read this book.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”