Official Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
toyinafolalu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toyinafolalu.html
Latest Review: Elastic Girl by Olivia Rana

Re: Official Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Post by toyinafolalu »

From the official review of OBC,this novel could also be categorized as historical fiction.It promises to be a good read except for the minor errors but I'm eager to devour it.Congrats to the author on BOTD
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

I’m one of those who likes to see what becomes of the characters in the books that I read, so this one isn’t likely for me.
Snowhite189
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Snowhite189 »

The first story is all about and started when the prime minister of Israel has been assassinated and because of the fact that he gained so much respect and he's well liked by many others, his followers put the blame to the United States for his death. This is very interesting story and everyone should never fail to read, how this story will end, are there more blood shed between the two parties let's find out.
The second story I was being intrigued and curious about the title so I started reading Jessie and LARGOnauts it was all about cult and beliefs well I just don't wanna miss this I Continue reading till the end
What goes around comes around
Mr mike B
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Mr mike B »

"Going Gone" by Abraham Lopez.]
Going Gone is an amazing book to read. telling the story of a collapse of a society.
The Prime Minister of Israel has been assassinated. Unfortunately, he was the unifying force and man of the people. Somehow, the United States is blamed for his death. This ofcos bring out the major fall resulting from blame
Let look at this other story Jessie is a hard-working citizen am more important a reporter who goes searching for a missing Senator believed to have joined this cult. she joins this cult by convincing them that she is searching for something more in her life. This will now result to self brought distraction for different dystopian novel I have read therefore I rate this book 4 star ..well educating on the society perspective thus this really only added to my sense of enjoyment because I got a better sense of the world as a whole this way. I really fancy this book an encourage everyone who enjoys dystopian novels especially those that stands out a bit from the crowd.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

This sounds like a unique format, 12 short stories tied together. It also sounds intriguing.
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

Kieran_Obrien wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 18:19 Any book that pulls off an atypical narrative structure that actually manages to tell a coherent story is to be applauded. This sounds like an interesting read!
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
butterflyinaweb
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butterflyinaweb.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by butterflyinaweb »

I truly appreciate the writing styles that allow you to really get to know the characters as well. I haven't gotten the opportunity to read the book yet but I found your review to be very intuitive and helpful. Thank you.
Jmteachmom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmteachmom.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Jmteachmom »

Great Review! This novel seems interesting though I am not sure if it something I would enjoy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

This is my first time encountering such a book and plot. I might give it a try since I am curious to know how it works out. I hope this is a good introduction for newbies to the dystopian genre.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Jbluestocking2
Currently Reading: The Next Worship
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jbluestocking2.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Jbluestocking2 »

I love the uniqueness of this book! While it does seem hard to get just a snippet of each characters' perspective; it must add to the dark, mysterious tone of the story. How sad that grammatical errors kept it from a four star review!
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

When one person is so important that so many societies are dependent on him being dead or alive. This is quite an intriguing storyline. I can see myself reading this one in the future. Thank you for your detailed review.
beck0823
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by beck0823 »

Connected vignettes are always interesting, especially if they are done well, so
I would be interested in checking this out (especially if there is a cult involved!)
Borderkellie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-borderkellie.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Borderkellie »

I adore a good dystopian novel, as long as it isn't a zombie story, and this one peaked my interest enough that I will definitely be downloading it.

Usually, dystopian fiction doesn't go into great detail about the characters until after the event, so after reading the sample and review, I was intrigued by the disparate viewpoints the.author used to tell the story. I will definitely be shelving this one with my "must reads."
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Thank you for this insightful review. Interesting way of storytelling- glimpsing the same plot from different people's perspective, adding their views and ideas. I started to read a sample, thinking these were separate short stories; and was aghast when the first vignette ended, leaving far too many questions unanswered even for a short story. Then when I began the second one, I found it too dealt with the assassination, but now from the viewpoint of another person. At that point I decided to read the review first before continuing. From your review I understood the way all vignettes are connected to give us the full story. But yes, sadly, I would have preferred to know more about each narrator. The first vignette ended too early for my choice. However, I think I should go on to know what happens next. Thanks again!
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I enjoy stories that show small pieces of many peoples lives during a period of time. A dystopian book that features a cult that the author made-up to fit in this alternative world.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”