Official Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Official Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Post by Melchi Asuma »

Going gone. Even the title excites me. However, what excites me more is the collection of different stories to tell one major story. I absolutely love these stories-inside-a-story books. Hearing it also involves a Prime minister, I am sold. I am absolutely going to read this book.
tariq sparrow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by tariq sparrow »

A very awesome book, & great font/writing style. A very well written 12 Anthology (short stories) book. It was very easy for me to read/follow from start/finish & never a dull moment. There were no grammar/typo errors, nor any repetitive or out of line sequence sentences. Also the rev up ☝☝ killed it, such an amazing book
Boyko Ovcharov
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Boyko Ovcharov
Favorite Book: The Proximity of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1419
fav_author_id: 33385

Post by Boyko Ovcharov »

A positive review. However, I could not quite grasp if the storyline was well woven or not across the different vignettes. Otherwise, the premise sounds up-to-date and immersive. Once again, editing is of utmost importance, I really cannot agree more here.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Really different from the other dystopian novels. I would like to give this book a chance. Thank you for your review.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
jennibabe31
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennibabe31.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by jennibabe31 »

I have read the sample pages. I don't want to put it down. I will having to finish reading about a countries demise.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Great review! I am not a big fan of the dystopian genre, but the way the story unfolds sounds interesting...a different person and storyline highlighted in each chapter. I don't think this is my cup of tea due to the themes, but I am glad you enjoyed it. It's too bad about the errors. Hopefully, the author will utilize a good editor with future works.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

I am really intrigued by the fact that this book is divided into twelve chapters, and each chapter gives a different perspective of a specific tragedy. It looks great-and I hope to read it someday.
Lovewreading89
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovewreading89.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Lovewreading89 »

I am intrigued by the way this is written by each characters pov and that you don't really know what happens to each one in the end. also i like that its the assassination of the pm that takes center stage, giving each person their own perspective on the world and their viewpoints.
Rose_Jemimah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rose_Jemimah »

The review makes me long to read the book . However, its not articulating clearly whether this book is a continuous narrative or a collection of stories as mentioned in the third paragraph.

Rose Obuya
Driver757
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-driver757.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Driver757 »

You had me at “quick, easy read” and the fact that you could not put it down. I like a story that keeps me guessing and captures my attention. Thank you for your review I will certainly read this book.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
lavellan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Post by lavellan »

Thanks for your review! The concept of a series of related vignettes sounds interesting. It makes sense since the collapse of society or any other major disaster is caused by a sum of events.
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

Interesting plot. I don't care much about politics (I did follow but not closely) but the take on collapse of a society is uniquely tempting me to read the book. Sad about all the mistakes, I guess I'll put the book on-hold until if there's new revise version. If nothing, well. Anyway, thanks for your review.
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

With most dystopian novels, the stories take place after the fall of the country or the world. This novel has 12 separate stories that link together to tell of the fall! This is so unique! Congrats on book of the day! Great review!!
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

As long as the author provided enough backstory about the character, I don't mind not getting the full scope of any one person. Going Gone makes me curious about dystopian books.
Coacoa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Coacoa »

Going gone review.
Reading the book i felt like i was watching a movie. I started with the sample and i really enjoyed it. The first two chapters captured my interest and i could not put it down. I felt sad when penny had to die but i understood cleary why. I do hope to finish reading after the editing is done. I to will give 3 out of for stars for gramatical errors. With that being said, exellent read.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”