Official Review: do a little wrong by Don Dahler

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
yohannamae01
Currently Reading: Do a Little Wrong
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: do a little wrong by Don Dahler

Post by yohannamae01 »

This book has a cliche story - being the protagonist after being the victim of a tragedy - making it a bit predictable. The book being written in the point of view of Kyle Royce made his character interesting as it helps the reader understand his motivation. More than Kyle, the other characters are also interesting because of their dialogues and how they were written to be relatable. Speaking of how the book was written, it is very visual. The words used by the author really help you picture what is happening which helps in following the story as you read through it. All the Sun Tzu quote thrown in to add to its entertaining value is also amusing. I would recommend this book to people who are interested in reading and feeling the thrill.
lilave33

Post by lilave33 »

I have never read this book before but after sd your review. I feel that it is one I could very well enjoy reading. It reminds me of a book that could make a good movie, if you are a cable subscriber, one could definitely see this as a movie that lifetime movie network would broadcast. As for you, it is good to see that you are very observant of what you read .I can say you got my interest.
Hephzi Lolami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hephzi-lolami.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Hephzi Lolami »

Don Dahler is definitely a great author and a Playboy? I love the plot and writing style. Definitely catchy. Thanks for the great review!
melvs
Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melvs.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by melvs »

I think this is like an Oliver Queen - Arrow and Bruce Wayne - Batman like stories. though I have never read it yet, from the review above it can be considered like a hero type kind of Robin Hood theme approach. I hope I can be able to review it in my own website once I finish reading it. So that I can properly be bale to help others if this will be something worth the read.
Jax14
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Thursday Murder Club
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jax14.html
Latest Review: Lost on the Edge of Eternity by Jonathan Floyd
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 2
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Jax14 »

"With all due respect. That's not the right knife." This first line had me hooked from the beginning and the action just kept going on and on. I loved the scenarios and the teamwork, and come on - he even has the batcave! Really well written....
volschick69

Post by volschick69 »

This book was FANTASTIC!!! It was an easy read, and catches your attention from the beginning. The author's writing style is smart, witty and put you right in the mood of the story. I loved how immersed I got into the plot. This should be a series with a book for each character. It would be great to hear their stories and see how they ended up working with the team. Great job and I hope to catch some of your other works soon!
Rian1977
Currently Reading: Treasured Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by Rian1977 »

Do a little wrong by Don Dahler

A 5 year old boy gets kidnapped away from his father in the middle of a horrific scene. He lost his parents, his sister remains looking forever for her sibling scared and alone.

The story is about investigators looking for the lost person in the case. He was taken by his mother's boyfriend and fled to Brazil with him.

This story is of investigators who find missing people are searching for the kidnapped person. A lot of spy vs. spy action. Very exciting book keeps you on your toes as the story unravels.

The book also at times has romantic and steamy scenes with beautiful women. Some pretty passionate pieces in this book.

Fast cars, jet planes, boats, beautiful women and lots of money are the name of this investigators game.

But can he pull it off? Can he save the boy from this old case? Can he get his team through all of the obstacles that they face? And if he does find the missing person will he want to even be found? How would he react? How would the long lost sister feel? How does this story go down? It's a must read and will keep you at the edge of your seat waiting to turn the page.

The way the team of investigators handle their jobs is outrageous and exciting and really not what you'd expected. Weaving in and out of danger with the smartest of tactics. Thinking outside of the box.

The way the story unfolds is tantilizing as the story can change paths so quickly to the unthinkable. And when you think it's over , surprise, a plot twist. Somethings you'd never dream of is happening. The hoops the team jumps through all to find this missing person.

How will it all unfold? The missing person is no longer a 5 year old boy anymore, he's a full grown man now and has lived his life this way and nobody is sure of his well being, or what he might think or how he might react to being found. If he even wants to be found or he could be running from danger. How do you know what's best for him to be found or unfound. Which way would he be better off at this point? Is it somehow better to let his sister go on thinking he's dead Somehow? How would you find out an answer to any of these questions without finding him first? Would he cooperate? Is this the right thing to do? Or just let it go? Read the book and find out!

I liked reading this book. I enjoyed the action packed scenes & romantic scenes, I did feel the book was maybe suited better for a male reader. But I'm female and Iiked the book.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”