Official Review: do a little wrong by Don Dahler

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mindyg123
Currently Reading: Lycan Fallout
Bookshelf Size: 565
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindyg123.html

Re: Official Review: do a little wrong by Don Dahler

Post by mindyg123 »

From the review I can't wait to read the story of a rich man who uses his considerable assets for good even if he has to do a little wrong along the way. Looking for the lost and missing sounds like a good read. Can't to read it grabbed my #free copy of this #action #thriller congrats on being BOTD
Mindyg123 :techie-studyingbrown:
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

Well, I thought of Robin Hood when I first read this review, because Ryan's sort of 'stealing' from his uncle's company to help others, but Batman fits in just as fine too. I love a book with a good conspiracy and Ryan masquerading as a wealthy 'playboy' while he searches out abandoned or forgotten people has got me intrigued. Thanks for the review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
LanieTaj
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lanietaj.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by LanieTaj »

This is a very captivating story. I like to know how did the story relate the saying, "To do a great right, do a little wrong.” Since i'm a fan of an action thriller stories, i'm a little bit curious on how the author relates it on our society. I like how you managed to give us some glimpse of the story. I consider this one to read.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

Love the Robin Hood character thriller style of book. Thanks for the good recommendation!
Prasitha Suresh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Prasitha Suresh »

I got hooked when I read the review of the book.The double life of the main character does sound intriguing and exciting! I got hooked the moment I read that the main character breaks laws " for the greater good" . The title is catchy.Overall, the book sounds fantastic and I looking forward to read the book. Thank you for your review.Good luck to the author too.
Last edited by Prasitha Suresh on 23 Feb 2018, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

When reading your review, I visualized a James Bond movie. This book has that feeling, a cool guy that has martial arts expertise and tries to save the world by doing good acts although it involves bending the law. Not my cup of tea, though.
Chill01
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chill01.html
Latest Review: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker by Thomas Hill

Post by Chill01 »

Thanks for this review. I have downloaded the free book and intend to read it next. While reading your review I could not help but feel this is a new take on an old theme.. Batman.. does he have a young sidekick? :P I think it will be an enjoyable read since it seems to be an up to date version.
Timdawg003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Timdawg003 »

I'm loving this book, so far! It falls right in line with some of my favorite reads... although I find Kyle Royce neither a vigilante (Batman), nor a seeker of revenge (Robin Hood), but as the embodiment of how we all should be, if given the means. Not trying to exact justice or making a name for yourself based on your deeds, to bolster your reputation, but simply because you can. Your review was spot on and actually made me want to go looking for grammatical errors! But I digress...I can't wait to see how it ends! Thank you so much for putting this book on my shelf!
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 351

Post by Tars »

Great review, never heard of this author, but you make book sound really interesting and I look forward to read it!
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Post by vinodsai »

Fab Review. I love to read good action thriller and I am a big fan of Jack Reacher Series. Kyle looks like Batman from movies or Oliver Queen from Arrow Tv Series. Love to read more about Kyles adventures.
rsmithey39
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by rsmithey39 »

love the review, makes me want to stop working and start reading! Sounds like this is just my type of book, filled with intrigue and just a plain good story line. I get tired of lots of swear words and sex. I'd rather read about people helping each other and have some suspense and thrills thrown in. I look forward to reading it. I also wonder if this might not make a great movie!
AbbyGNelson
Currently Reading: Heir to the Empire
Bookshelf Size: 839
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbygnelson.html
Latest Review: Asa's Gift by Isaac Green

Post by AbbyGNelson »

A non-superhero, batman-like figure who helps find people who are lost in order to reunite them with family, that's pretty cool.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

This sounds like a very exciting thriller. It sounds very similar to Batman, he is a wealthy playboy by day but reuniting families by night! Congrats on book of the day! Great review!
Wesono
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesono.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Wesono »

Relatively brief and interesting review. Story sounds adventurous.
mideworld48
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mideworld48 »

When it comes to superheroes, it has always been my type. Only that they usually come in a cloak to hide their identity but here we see Kyle in a normal person. We do not need to too secretive to save the world. We can be ourselves and still make a difference of influence.
A good step in the right direction.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”