Official Review: Serial K Returns by Brian Gallagher

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ahyes Tantaido
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Serial K Returns by Brian Gallagher

Post by Ahyes Tantaido »

I cannot wait to read this book. I'm a big fan of thrilling stories. Can't wait to this on my library. This story is fascinating good for people who likes thrilling stories that who has curiosity in some serial killers
GOODNESSBEST
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by GOODNESSBEST »

I really enjoy how creepy the cover for this book is, it's the first thing I noticed. This book sounds like it has a great fast-paced plot. Nice job on the review!
Jax14
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Thursday Murder Club
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jax14.html
Latest Review: Lost on the Edge of Eternity by Jonathan Floyd
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 2
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Jax14 »

The story brings up an interesting moral dilemma where the reader feels empathy for the abused, and as the killings start are almost rooting for them to get away with it due to the fact that the priests feel no remorse. With the killings there is quite a bit of violence and descriptions of gore etc, but nothing too over the top. With the focus on the story of a serial killer and law enforcement that are out to get him, I found it quite strange that the author concentrated so much on what the characters ate and drank. The extra info on the arms and ammo as well as the boats was still in the understandable range, but the amounts of bottles of wine and their labels as what was eaten in restaurants were unnecessary. There were some editing mistakes, but nothing that detracted from the story.

I enjoyed the pace and writing of the story and found it very interesting being in the conflicted mind of this serial killer. The ending is quite interesting as a couple of things can be read into it and it’s up to the reader (or book 3) to decide how they believe it ended.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”