The Other Side of Him by Alice Rene

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jax14
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Thursday Murder Club
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jax14.html
Latest Review: Lost on the Edge of Eternity by Jonathan Floyd
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 2
fav_author_id: 2376

The Other Side of Him by Alice Rene

Post by Jax14 »

The Other Side of Him is part thriller and part general fiction and is a standalone novel.

Claire comes from a family that doesn’t shirk from working hard to get where you need to go. Her mom wants her to find a “ladies” job and a good husband to settle down with. Claire wants to go to college and become a social worker to help others. Her brother Tim introduces her to a doctor named Greg who seems absolutely idyllic. Perhaps a little too idyllic. As Claire goes forward in her relationship with him and finds things are not as they seemed, can she change its course, or is she bound by the constraints of an era that certainly didn’t afford its women enough protection?

I was ambivalent about this novel as the thriller part is gripping, but all of a sudden it becomes a general life story. With all the twists and turns that recent books have, I found the direction that the book took to be flat! I kept hoping for something exciting to happen and then all of a sudden it was over.

The editing and style of writing is good, but I don’t think the story will still be with me tomorrow. If you feel like an afternoon read where you can just go with the flow of a book then this one’s for you.
Jshinitaa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jshinitaa »

The starting of the story was OK but the ending left me hanging although everything else was good.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”