Review by Nathi_Enoch -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nathi_Enoch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathi-enoch.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review by Nathi_Enoch -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Nathi_Enoch »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole
"Raven's Peak", written by Lincoln Cole, is a story thrived by the demonic. The book is the first installment in the series "World On Fire". Strange things are happening in a village called Raven's Peak. Abigail Dressler, one of the protagonists, is sent out to gather more information about the situation. The situation at hand is not what you may consider a "normal" situation, but rather paranormal. The other protagonist is dragged into this world, without knowing anything about it. This experience makes him dive deep into his unknown nature and makes him understand his family and their actions. He discovers a whole new world full of faith and evil. It is only by working together that these two characters may be able to solve the mystery of the village.

The story takes place in the United States of America, more precisely in the states Arizona and Colorado and is set in the modern day. It is a very interesting premise, as not many authors choose to write about the demonic. This gave the story a unique twist and made it intriguing and kept you on the edge of your seat.

I really liked the character development of the protagonists.Haatim, the main protagonist, had an interesting character development, regarding his faith in God. In the past, the reader discovers that Haatim had faith in God and believed in him, but ever the death of a family member, he lost his faith. He could not comprehend how God was existent in a world where such a traumatic experience could happen. It is only when Haatim discovers this completely new world that he slowly gains his faith back again.

Abigail Dressler has always been used to being on her own and never trusting anybody if only a very few people. Her character has been through hard times in life and has experienced many difficulties, which makes her very skeptical regarding other people and their loyalty. Throughout the story, by meeting Haatim, she learns that trusting somebody can be a good thing and can help you with difficult tasks in life. It is okay to believe that someone else will take care of you and will protect you, no matter what happens.

I gave this book a 3 out of 4 stars. The reason why I could not give it 4 out of 4 stars, was because of a few mistakes and typos. Although I believe that this book was proofread and edited professionally, there were a few grammatical mistakes, such as: "… which was something he didn't want to talk about it with her." The book did not contain serious grammatical errors, only minor ones as the one listed above.

I would recommend this book to fans of fantasy and paranormal thriller books. As "Raven's Peak" is the first book in a series, be prepared to dive into a new world which is elaborated through several books.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Nathi_Enoch's review? Post a comment saying so!

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: Unforseen
Bookshelf Size: 447
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Live Your Purpose by Rick Heyland

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for your review. You did a good job of describing the main characters. I also enjoyed Haatim's spiritual progress. Good job!

Nathi_Enoch
Currently Reading:

Post by Nathi_Enoch »

kdstrack wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 21:54
Thanks for your review. You did a good job of describing the main characters. I also enjoyed Haatim's spiritual progress. Good job!
Thank you very much! This is my very first review!

Nathi_Enoch
Currently Reading:

Post by Nathi_Enoch »

kdstrack wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 21:54
Thank you! It was my very first review here on this website! :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”