Review by Osemudia Akinhonmhin -- Raven's Peak

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Osemudia Akinhonmhin
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osemudia-akinhonmhin.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Review by Osemudia Akinhonmhin -- Raven's Peak

Post by Osemudia Akinhonmhin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book is a religious book with no affiliation to a particular religion but an acknowledgement of some. It talks about demons and the people who protect the human race against them. It was written by Lincoln Cole and is fictitious.

Raven’s peak (world on fire book 1) is about the existence of demons and the people who protect the world from them. Arthur gave his life to free his adopted daughter from demonic clutches and she made it her mission to find out what happened to him despite the refusal of the council to make any move in that direction and direct orders to do otherwise. Haatim, who had no idea of his connection to the demonic world, stumbled into the picture and was able to help Abigail destroy a demon and save a town. Of course, there were many challenges and hurdles but they were both able to overcome; Abigail, with the help of Frieda and Haatim making up his mind to do the right thing despite the tremendous odds against them.

It is a book I enjoyed a whole lot and am looking forward to the release of book two. It was extremely entertaining and the suspense had me looking forward to see what happened next. I liked the fact that good was able to overcome evil because it gives us hope and encourages us to do the right thing in spite of any challenges because it is not a lost cause. However, the fact that the demons were able to possess any human irrespective of faith, especially children, was not a pleasant idea. The thought of everyone being vulnerable to such maliciousness and having no viable defense is a cold one. I agree that faith is a very strong point and can fight against negative forces but there was no indication of what the characters had faith in. That point was just left hanging in the air.

With respect to rating, I give the book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because I enjoyed the book very much and did not encounter any grammatical errors which allowed for smooth reading. In my opinion, it was proofread and edited by professionals. The book is able to comfortably entertain every reader but most especially those with a more religious bent who believe in good winning over evil.

I personally believe in the presence of demonic beings and in their activities and I realize that it is an intriguing topic to write on. I think the writer has found a topic that can hold an audience spellbound. I however suggest that the author should be a little more specific in relations to topics like faith, as this would help the audience relate to the story better. I’m always a sucker for happy endings so I really loved the fact that the town was finally saved.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Osemudia Akinhonmhin's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Very nice review. Your thoughts on how faith affected the main characters is interesting. Glad you enjoyed the book. Thanks.
Osemudia Akinhonmhin
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osemudia-akinhonmhin.html

Post by Osemudia Akinhonmhin »

It was definitely my pleasure. I really enjoyed the book. It was my first review and I had fun doing it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”