Review by Butterflybookworm -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Butterflybookworm
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 2393
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butterflybookworm.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Review by Butterflybookworm -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Butterflybookworm » 09 Dec 2017, 21:40

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven's Peak is a novel about the supernatural and the unseen impact it can have on the world around us. The story begins with Arthur, a former clergyman, searching for the demon who is suspected to be responsible for murdering 3 people. One of these people is a former student, who he also considers an adopted daughter, by the name of Abigail. What he finds has consequences not only on his life but on Abigail’s as well.

Abigail is rescued by Arthur and continues his legacy by fighting against demons. While on a case she is introduced to Haatim, who later finds out he also has connections to the unseen world. The two of them reluctantly join forces while continuing their search for answers. This search will lead them both to question things that they thought were the truth and find out what has been held back from them by those that they trusted with their lives.

I found this book extremely enjoyable. The author is very descriptive in his writing and it is easy to imagine yourself there as a character in the story. From the moment I started reading the book I couldn’t put it down to see what would happen next.

The characters Abigail and Haatim are also interesting to relate to since they come from opposite sides of the experience. Abigail has grown up knowing about the unseen world. She continues to fight no matter what she comes across in her battle against the demonic. Haatim on the other hand had only learned about the demonic in a classroom setting in college. Until he met Abigail he seemed to almost consider faith in the unseen to be only for the faint of heart. At times you can almost see him running away and wanting to forget that he ever met Abigail.

The good vs evil theme that this book is based on really makes you put yourself in the main characters shoes. What would you do if you were forced to make some of those same decisions? Would you be like Abigail and continue on no matter what happens? Or would you be like Haatim and just question everything until you had the proof you were looking for?

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I think that this book would be a good read for anyone who likes to read suspense novels that involve the paranormal.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Butterflybookworm's review? Post a comment saying so!

kdstrack
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 102
Currently Reading: A Light in the Window
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: A Simple Twist of Fate by Deanna Johnson

Post by kdstrack » 14 Jan 2018, 14:05

Very interesting review! I like how you describe Abigail and Haatim. The questions you ask as the end of your review are thought provoking. Well done! Thanks for your comments on this paranormal story.

pinklover
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 11
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover » 14 Jan 2018, 22:19

I see that this book is an interesting one. I will read this one as well. Thanks for the clarity of your review. Do check mine as well, thanks for your time.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”