Official Review: Hard Place by Douglas Stewart

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Official Review: Hard Place by Douglas Stewart

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

It looks really promising. I love crime thrillers and I think this would be a great addition to my e-library. May Ratso's adventure finally leads him to the incarceration of the drug kingpin. Thanks for the review!
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

Well this sounds lovely!
Many other books in the genre take themselves too seriously, and the main characters are either loners or can’t suffer the rest of their team. Not here. It was really a breath of fresh air to see this particular British team be as close-knit as it was.
It's so true about how serious most crime stories are. I've downloaded the freebie to see the difference! ;)
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

I love a good thriller and I haven't read a crime mystery novel in a while. I think I might just give this book a try - plus, it's free today!
JandNL
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by JandNL »

I enjoy a good mystery, especially when it involves interesting characters and detailed scenes. This one has both. Four stars for me too!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The seems intriguing and full of crime scenes. The I am not much interested in crime fiction but the story is reality based.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
R-g-R
Currently Reading: The Picketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-g-r.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by R-g-R »

Action and adventure! I immediately enter the A&A world and enjoy the specifics of this story within the genre.
Turf wars or culture wars or mob wars against those on the right side of the law. A mystery to be solved. Easy fit, comfortable reading with surprises and unexpected twists.
Of course it makes me keen to know what happens.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

I love a great crime mystery story especially ones that are in series. This promises an awesome reading experience through and through. Also, great review by Kislany. You never stop amazing me with your voracious appetite for reading and incredible reviews
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I'm not usually interested in books involving drug rings, but this one sounds thrilling and compelling. I especially like that it's a drug distributor in Europe rather than the United States, gives it a more worldly and interconnected feel. Thank you for the insightful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
nykii1
Currently Reading: The Good Fight
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by nykii1 »

Thanks so much, Kislany, for such a mindbendingly descriptive and thorough review. :o

I, too, love a good British detective novel, originally hailing myself from the UK. Also, as I sadly travel more in my reading life than in reality; now inspired by your words, I now simply can't wait to get stuck into devouring Hard Place, with you having so well-described Ratso's globe-trotting lifestyle, hopefully adding some international flavor to the read (or flavour to us Brits)!

Also. a huge thanks to OnlineBookClub for all of the helpful forums & giveaways! :P
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

This is not the type of thriller I normally read, but it definitely sounds like it has a lot of merits in the genre. It's refreshing to know that there aren't many errors in the book. Thanks for your review!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
peace vovwe
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by peace vovwe »

I am not really a big fan of crime mystery books but I love the cover and this is going to be the first crime mystery books I have read .
Pek20

Post by Pek20 »

This was a nice review but am not a interested in crime mystery still I love those characters
Ndifrekedem
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Ndifrekedem »

I love crime fiction. And from the detailed review. I know I will enjoy it
Kastlklan

Post by Kastlklan »

I found the detailed review awesome, I like how it gave just the right amount of information about the storyline and characters to know that I would enjoy reading the book.
OPgirl9122
Currently Reading: Growing Up Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by OPgirl9122 »

The way ma'am kislany reviewed the book "hard place by douglas stewart" made me a lot more interested with the story. It gave me insights about the whole thing and showcase the brilliance the writer posses. She's very thorough on her critics. And what sharp eye, she had.
*BRR {by the time. Verily, man is at lose. Except for those who do good deeds and advice one another to truth and patience}-HQ

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”