Forgive Me By Jennifer Youngblood & Poole

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Forgive Me By Jennifer Youngblood & Poole

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Second Chance Book 1

STORY-LINE FORGIVE ME BY JENNIFER YOUNGBLOOD AND SANDRA POOLE:

Delia has everything any woman could want. She has wealth, a prominent place in society, and a loving fire-breathing lawyer husband. However, Delia is far from happy. Pulling herself out of the muck and mire of her deprived and impoverished white trash past, Delia finds her demons have caught up with her. You can only run so long, and Delia is at the end of the course when her daughter Sybil and her granddaughter, Mattie, move to her old hometown. A place Delia has tried to bury and erase.

Sybil, unknowingly, has stepped into a powder keg of rage, mystery, and secrets, along with romance in small-town Tick Ridge. My mystery romance book reviews of Forgive Me follow.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Forgive Me is a story full of dysfunctional family dynamics. Jennifer Youngblood and Sandra Poole filled this story with shame, guilt, betrayal, secrets, and mystery. This story is a roller coaster ride of emotion from the first pages. I felt I had been rung-out by the time I finished this awesome book. Facing a past which she had tried to put behind her is devastating for Delia. For Sybil facing what her life has become and standing up for herself is just as traumatic.

Delia and Sybil discover redemption is not easy to find nor are second chances. Delia has it all; wealth, a loving husband, and social position, yet her past haunts her daily with all its trauma and devastation. Following Delia through this story is emotionally draining. It's a rocky journey loaded with insecurities and pitfalls which added tension and intrigue to the storyline. Youngblood and Poole slowly revealed the secrets Delia held for decades. As a result, Delia's past had me in tears. Sybil thought she had it all when she married the love of her life. As the year's pass, she found she's just barely treading water and sinking fast. Although not an easy journey, Sybil slowly gains insight into her life.

Youngblood and Poole skillfully immerse the reader in their character's lives. I could feel Delia's desperation and Sybil's feelings of unworthiness, as well as, the erratic pulse of Tick Ridge. The idyllic town of Tick Ridge is ready to implode as the citizens fight among themselves and against a chance of progress. Small town politics have the residents at each other's throats as they voice opinions and take action. Tick Ridge's far from the tranquil town Sybil envisioned.

MY OPINION:

I found Forgive Me a well-written story filled with multi-faceted characters and multi-plotting which held me glued to my E-reader. Including secrets, and mystery, as well as a town in turmoil, ramped up the pace and intrigue. Jennifer Youngblood and Sandra Poole's writing is vivid and fluid as they delve into lives filled with unhappiness and secrets.

The scenes In Forgive Me transition smoothly and the authors skillfully show people who lived with wealth and "busy work," while hiding from the real issues in their lives. Also, Forgive Me, emphasizes how the past affects not only the life of the individual involved but also future generations.

Forgive Me is a story which will leave you gasping for more. The authors included mystery, family dynamics, a touch of humor, romance, and heart-wrenching emotions. With multiple plot threads, well-developed characters, and skillful writing, Forgive Me, grabs the reader and does not let go. This book has everything you could want in a mystery romance. I would not hesitate to buy this book for myself or a friend.

NOTE: I must also emphasize, Forgive Me is a continuing story. Book two begins where Forgive Me ends; I am sure many answers are forthcoming in book two. Also, Forgive Me was formerly titled The Secret Song of the Ditch Lilies (Part 1).

FORGIVE ME RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

ALSO, PLEASE NOTE

Additionally, I borrowed this book from Kindle Unlimited and received a copy from the author. I chose to review the book with honest mystery romance book reviews voluntarily. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews online and on my blog, are my opinions.
Attachments
forgive me.jpg
forgive me.jpg (30.06 KiB) Viewed 190 times
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Birdlady1950 »

I know I was not suppose to put Kindle Unlimited in the review, but I can not determine how to remove it.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”