Official Review: A Life Before by Julien Ayotte

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Re: Official Review: A Life Before by Julien Ayotte

Post by Mary Garrison »

Thanks for the great review. When I read the free sample I thought of that movie too.
Lizg43
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Lizg43 »

This sounds like a very interesting book and that i shall look forward to reading. I did feel the review should have mentioned the negative aspects of the book earlier and then stated that she did not find it confusing.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

This story is about a young lady dreaming of a violent scene that happened before she was born. She has precognition of things and places she is about to go to. The writer here is insinuating that the lady may have knowledge of an event before, as though she has lived before and had witnessed the happening. This mysterious happenstance may be the key to a legal case of murder, but the courts of law only accept factual information, not those obtained from dreams. There is a clash of legal opinions in the courtroom, what will happen? I am obliged to read this book for my own peace of mind, my curiosity having been aroused. Thank you for the nice review.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This book sounds right up my alley. Seems like we have a bit of the paranormal going on with the "controversial religious concept," which I'm all for reading. The plot also sounds intricate and complex enough to actually keep my interest. Thank you for the thorough review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Anny1998
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anny1998 »

I love crime books and any book that'll make me do my researches. Your review was as good as reading the book itself. Nice job
Psychotronic7
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Psychotronic7 »

This is well-balanced, well-thought out review which gives a great insight into what to expect in the book, without giving too much away. I loved Erin Brokovitch, so the reference to this also makes me more interested in reading Ayottte's A Life Before.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I'm wondering if you're referring to reincarnation as the religious concept here? Reincarnation, while believed in some religions, is not really a religious concept. I find the phenomenon very interesting and I teeter on the brink of utter belief in it, but I do not look at it in a religious way. Anyway, I digress. This may not even be what you were talking about. This book does sound intriguing and I too really enjoyed Erin Brockovich. I can see the parallels between the two, even having not read this book yet. Okay, I've rambled enough. Thanks for your insightful review!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Pixxiestix

Post by Pixxiestix »

Thank you for your review. You have given a very good description of the book and I’m intrigued to read it.
Nhorhata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61

Post by Nhorhata »

Too thrilling for me and the religion concept sounds intriguing!!
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

THe comparison to Erin Brockovich has me intrigued, but I don't quite see how Samantha is connected to a long-finished criminal case.
Sunbliss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Sunbliss »

The opening chapters of this novel pack many threads in covering a wide timeframe to bring us to the heart of the story. The depth of detail quickly brings the characters to life and suggests hints of the supernatural contrasting with the pragmatic realism of legal drama.
fidelixspons

Post by fidelixspons »

this book will be very interesting, though the story was cult short but i will like to read the full story to have more knowledge about it. thanks
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I really love suspense and mystery. I'm also a huge fan of courtroom drama and I'm already intrigued by why the nightmares are plaguing Samantha. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
NerdyBookWyrm

Post by NerdyBookWyrm »

It seems like such an intriguing book. The concept is great, haven’t read too many books like it. At face value I think it’s a stunner.
violet-trey19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by violet-trey19 »

:ugeek2: A life before is a good mystery novel.Story about a student who sees dream about an incident which took place before her birth.Good review.suspence and thrill is in the book. :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”