Review of Shattered Rainbow

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: The Christ of God by Beatrice Francis Carey

Review of Shattered Rainbow

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Shattered Rainbow" by Ray Read.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Derik went on a hike with his group. An unexpected storm disrupted their plans with plunging temperatures and snow. The group, including Reno, Wes, Tim, and Farley, struggled to find shelter and warmth. Despite injuries and inadequate supplies, they debated whether to continue or turn back. Meanwhile, in a parallel narrative, Gru leads his clan through ancient challenges, discovering secrets that shape their future. They brave fires and new territories, uncovering truths that impact their survival and journey into an uncertain world. As the story continued, Derik and his group pressed on. One day, however, one of their members went missing. Little did they know this unexpected disappearance would lead to a momentous discovery, but it would also usher in a series of tragic events.

Shattered Rainbow by Ray Read is a thrilling and multi-layered narrative that interweaves two distinct timelines, each filled with gripping adventure and human experience. The story oscillates between a perilous hiking expedition in August 2000 and the prehistoric journey of a clan in the summer of 61,007 BC, creating a tapestry of survival, discovery, and resilience. Ray Read's writing is immersive and descriptive, effectively capturing the harsh realities of survival in both timelines. His ability to convey the physical and emotional toll on the characters, whether through the biting cold of the modern-day storm or the fight for survival in prehistoric times, is commendable. The alternating chapters between the two timelines are well-balanced, maintaining a steady pace and building anticipation for each storyline's resolution.

My favorite part of the book is the period when Gru and his clan fought for survival. Their perseverance in the face of numerous barriers during the prehistoric period deeply moved me. It made me ponder how early humans managed to survive despite so many challenges across various aspects of life, with little knowledge of how to consume certain foods or navigate through natural disasters. I am grateful to our ancestors, the early humans, for their relentless efforts to discover essential survival skills and innovations. As humanity evolved, more innovations emerged, further improving our existence. Reflecting on this, I am filled with gratitude for their contributions, and I believe we all should be.

I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars because it is packed with gripping moments of suspense and adventure. The unexpected storm that besets Derik's group, leading to severe injuries and a struggle for survival, made me more engrossed in the book. The rescue mission involving a Chopper and medical assistance adds to the high stakes and tension. I highly recommend the book to readers who enjoy adventure and mystery novels with rich character development and dual timelines.

I didn't find any negative aspects of the book. The book explores several themes, including the fragility of human plans in the face of nature's unpredictability, the importance of leadership and teamwork, and the timeless human quest for understanding and control over the environment. The juxtaposition of modern and ancient struggles highlights the continuity of human experience, despite the vast temporal divide.

Shattered Rainbow
View: on Bookshelves
Sandre Lamar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Sandre Lamar »

The book titled "Shattered Rainbow" by Ray Read masterfully weaves dual timelines into a gripping narrative of survival and resilience, immersing readers in thrilling adventures.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”