Review of The righteous place in light and shadow

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: The Christ of God by Beatrice Francis Carey

Review of The righteous place in light and shadow

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The righteous place in light and shadow" by R. Groff.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book comprises five stories, each exploring themes of supernatural encounters and personal turmoil. In "The Lost Are Always Burning," Julia, Eddie, and Susan grapple with hallucinations while Paul's spiritual gifts hint at deeper connections. James uncovers military cover-ups tied to a nuclear disaster. "This Handwriting is Not Mine" follows Mark's mysterious cognitive lapses intertwined with Daniel's battle against mind-controlling parasites. "The Undead of Greenwood" reveals Joel and Danna's struggle with supernatural forces tied to Joel's family secrets. "The Jenntu Artifact" spans decades, intertwining UFO encounters and artifacts. "Jacob's Games" follows Jacob's virtual and real-life trials, navigating a surreal game world amidst supernatural challenges.

The Righteous Place in Light and Shadow by R. Groff comprises five compelling narratives, each exploring the intersection of human struggles with supernatural forces. The book excels in its ability to blend the everyday with the extraordinary, offering readers a glimpse into characters' lives as they confront ancient artifacts, mind-controlling parasites, and unsettling supernatural phenomena. Groff's writing style effortlessly transitions between genres, creating a cohesive yet diverse reading experience.

The book captivated me with its depth of characterization, where each character undergoes transformations amidst supernatural encounters. Miller, unraveling UFO mysteries, exemplifies Groff's skill in creating complex and relatable characters. Their journeys are such that they showcase resilience amidst extraordinary circumstances. Groff not only delves into their internal struggles but also explores how these characters evolve through their interactions with the supernatural, making them compelling and deeply engaging. This mastery of characterization enriches the story.

The book was professionally edited. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars because reading it felt like watching a movie, and the storyline was uniquely captivating. Instances from the book where this cinematic quality shines include Mark’s journey in "This Handwriting is Not Mine," where his experiences with cognitive lapses and mysterious phenomena unfold. Similarly, Benjamin and John’s encounters with forces in "The Jenntu Artifact" evoke a sense of cinematic wonder. Each storyline unfolds with cinematic precision, offering an immersive experience that is both thrilling and profoundly moving. I recommend the book to fans of speculative fiction and fantasy.

There is nothing I didn’t like about the book. The book evolves through multiple perspectives, including those of Benjamin and John, whose destinies become entangled with Miller's investigation. John's transformation and Benjamin's pivotal actions amidst chaos propel the story forward, with each character battling with their own demons.

The righteous place in light and shadow
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Henry Omondi 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henry-omondi-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Henry Omondi 1 »

The author express unique imagination of the supernatural word and consequences in ordinary human word. The resilience of the characters demonstrates people's conviction in overcoming formidable forces.
Vidya Bhushan 1
Currently Reading: B-17s Over Berlin
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidya-bhushan-1.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
2024 Reading Goal: 28
2024 Goal Completion: 32%

Post by Vidya Bhushan 1 »

This is on point, I loved it.
Areena David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Areena David »

I love books that delve into spiritual themes. Furthermore, reading a book like "The Righteous Place in Light and Shadow" offers a rich and enjoyable experience for the reader. The book possesses an exceptional ability to enrich imagination and creativity. Through its diverse stories, characters, and events, it opens new doors for the reader to explore amazing worlds filled with mystery and spiritual challenges. The book also enhances human understanding and critical thinking by exploring personal conflicts and battles against supernatural forces, making it essential for anyone seeking stories that enrich the imagination and stimulate deep reflection on the dimensions of life and the universe.
Sandre Lamar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Sandre Lamar »

The book titled "The Righteous Place in Light and Shadow" by R. Groff masterfully blends human struggles with supernatural forces. Each story captivates with deep character development, exploring resilience amidst eerie encounters and mysterious phenomena.
Slippy Spectrum
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slippy-spectrum.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Slippy Spectrum »

Well, I must say, after reading this review, I reckon "The Righteous Place in Light and Shadow" by R. Groff sounds like a mighty fine read. With its blend of supernatural encounters and personal turmoil, the book seems to offer a captivating and diverse reading experience. The author's ability to create complex and relatable characters, amidst extraordinary circumstances, has really piqued my interest. This here review rates it a perfect 5 out of 5 stars, and I reckon it's got that cinematic quality that makes for a truly immersive tale. Y'all into speculative fiction and fantasy best give this book a whirl, I reckon. Captivating twists, kept me guessing eagerly.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”