Review of Skeletons in the closet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Forty Nights In Aruba
Bookshelf Size: 793
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Death at Christmas and Other Wondrous Events by Artell Smith

Review of Skeletons in the closet

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Skeletons in the closet" by Gary Lee.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Davis left his home in Mena, Arkansas, after everyone in town learned his real name and that his father was a serial killer at his graduation ceremony. Six years later, after serving in the Army, Davis returns home determined to learn the secrets within his father's house of torture, where 13 women were killed, including Davis's mother and his girlfriend, Grace's mother. Unexplainable things begin to happen, and Davis starts to question his sanity. Davis and Grace reconnect, but she is angry that he left town without a trace or a note. What does Davis learn? Does Grace forgive him? Does she blame him for his father's sins? Get a copy of Skeletons in the Closet by Gary Lee to find out.

The author's skill in bringing this mystery to life by combining the fantasy, romance, and crime thriller genres is commendable. All of the characters are fully developed and have a particular role. I could relate to Davis not being able to fall asleep when his puppy, Rufus, wasn't sleepy. Each chapter focuses on Davis's or Grace's perspective and flows smoothly into the next one with minimal repetition. My favorite quote in this book was by Friedrich Nietzsche, "What is evil? Whatever springs from weakness." The ending completely surprised me and made me hopeful for a sequel. Many people could benefit from reading how alcohol does not change people but gives people the courage to do what they have always wanted to do.

The only thing I dislike about this book is the number of errors I encountered, which showed a lack of professional editing. Overall, with all of its positive aspects, this intriguing, suspenseful, and enjoyable book deserves 4 out of 5 stars. It will deserve a perfect score once it is professionally edited.

This book is for mature Christians who enjoy reading books from the romance, crime thriller, mystery, and supernatural/fantasy genres that contain gore, religion, and non-borderline profanity.

Skeletons in the closet
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Areena David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Areena David »

Your writing style in writing reviews is excellent, and even more wonderful is a book that contains a wonderful blend of romance, crime, mystery, and supernatural fantasy. I will place it on the bookshelf.
Slippy Spectrum
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slippy-spectrum.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Slippy Spectrum »

This review provides a detailed insight into the book "Skeletons in the Closet" by Gary Lee. The reviewer praises the author's skill in combining multiple genres and developing intriguing characters. The plot twists and unexpected ending are highlighted as positive aspects. However, the reviewer expresses disappointment with the errors present in the book, which suggests a lack of professional editing.

Overall, the review suggests that "Skeletons in the Closet" is an intriguing, suspenseful, and enjoyable read. The rating given to the book is 4 out of 5 stars, indicating a very good read. Brilliant execution, flawlessly crafted and executed.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”