Official Review: Last Seen by J L Doucette

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Re: Official Review: Last Seen by J L Doucette

Post by dragonet07 »

If this novel can stump me, it truly is a good who-done-it story. I too often predict endings, which make these sorts of books a little less enjoyable for me. However, you make it sound as though this one truly stumps the reader, so I'll have to give it a try. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
KamalK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kamalk.html
Latest Review: It's Just Business... the Romancing of Ahjumma by Wanda Voy

Post by KamalK »

Though the premise seems familiar, people going missing and all that, I am interested in the treatment of story. Changing perspectives seems like a good trick and in the end it all comes down to how good the writer is. The complete rating has made me interested in this book. Thank you for the review.
Ru-fuss
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ru-fuss »

The intrigue of mystery is well spelt out in this amazing mystical book. The author did an amazing job in character development and showed great creativity an prowess in mystical writing,. This book is one of the best mysteries I have read so far. Can't wait for more from the author.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

I usually like to read mystery/suspense books so this seems like a good book for me. Great job on your review!
โ€œThe only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.โ€ - W. Somerset Maugham
aajumbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aajumbo.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by aajumbo »

Mystery and suspense filled story as Kimi goes missing and the sheriff is investigating where she might have disappeared to she also suffers from disassociation which adds twist to the story
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Mailu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailu.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Mailu »

I really like reading mystery novels especially when it is blended with suspense and rotating perspectives. I Can't wait to read this one later.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Its an amazing suspence thriller. Missing Kimi and investigations to find her out adds twists to the story. Thanks for this great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
bazolo
Currently Reading: Relentless Alien Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bazolo.html
Latest Review: "Andalusian in Jerusalem" by Mois benarroch

Post by bazolo »

Great review the Last seen has something to offer for mysterious story book fans.I enyoy the story it's just watching the movie in the first series that left me suspicious not knowing what is coming on the next series.
Latest Review: "Andalusian in Jerusalem" by Mois benarroch
TxMin7012
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by TxMin7012 »

The rotating perspectives has me interested. I'm also wondering if the other cases you've mentioned happen to the into each other at the end.
ishojay
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by ishojay »

I am unsure what the author was thinking when they created the name "Dr. Pepper Hunt" but that aside, it has been awhile since I have read a really good mystery.
jenjayfromSA
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenjayfromsa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jenjayfromSA »

It looks like a page turner. I like the idea of first-person views from a psychologist. It must add an extra dimension. If this is as well written as you say, it's the perfect companion for a rainy day.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I'll have to read this book as it's everything I love in a whodunit (my favorite genre). Especially crime novels set in small towns really speak to me.
ishojay

Post by ishojay »

It seems Dr Pepper Hunt and detective Antelope have a lot on their plate in investigating the social ills affecting this neighborhood.
ishojay

Post by ishojay »

I am unsure what the author was thinking when they created the name "Dr. Pepper Hunt" but that aside, it has been awhile since I have read a really good mystery
ishojay

Post by ishojay »

This #thriller, offered for FREE today, is racking up some great praise on Amazon. One five star review said: "I never saw this ending!" I love the ones that keep you guessing! Congrats to the author(JL doucette)

Return to โ€œCrime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Booksโ€