Review of Novembers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sylveria Savage
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog
Currently Reading: The Promise of Whiteness
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sylveria-savage.html
Latest Review: Black Moon by Andrew Ceroni

Review of Novembers

Post by Sylveria Savage »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Novembers" by Norman Cristofoli.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The sardonic death of a real estate agent named Ivan Malinkov is what most people will call a perfect crime. After being found by a client two days after being attacked in his own home, the police are thrown into a frenzy. Who would commit such a callous crime? And worst of all, there is no evidence or clue to link them to the perpetrator.

Sergeant detective Aristotle Boyle has never experienced such a crime before. First, it was the manner in which the victim was assaulted; then, there is the lack of evidence. Even though the perpetrator left the murder weapon for him, it was as if the perp was mocking them, as if they were saying, I'm going to get away with this murder. With the help of other detectives like Gina Baldoni, Singleton, and the forensic scientists, they attempt to crack the case, their focus being on Malinkov's only son, who stands to inherit a fortune with the demise of his father and happens to also vocally detest his father. Is Anton really the killer? Did the detectives ever find the real killer? Why was Ivan Malinkov targeted and killed? To find out more, grab a copy of Novembers" by Norman Cristofoli.

Being a huge fan of Brooklyn 99, seeing the names of my favourite characters as the names of the lead detectives in this book is one thing I love about this book. It was a very descriptive and beautifully written book. I love the relationship between Boyle and Gina; she saw him as a mentor and father figure, while he loved and respected her like a daughter. I loved the friendship between Boyle and his oldest friend Orestes; there in his pub, Boyle can unwind and be himself. I also love Beth, Anton's wife; she saved him and made him into a better person. She introduced him to faith, and most importantly, she believed in him.

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. The storyline was interesting; imagine my surprise when I learned there was another death with the same similarities, and M.O. Norman Cristofoli did a remarkable job. However, there were numerous errors in the book, and it will benefit from another round of editing.

Because I encountered numerous errors while reading this book, I'm giving it a rating of 3 out of 5 stars. However, it is worth noting that this book contains elements of BDSM, so I recommend it for adults and lovers of crime fiction.

Novembers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Areena David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Areena David »

An intriguing novel that I'll place on my bookshelf. Crime novels provide an opportunity for readers to explore and understand dark aspects of human life in a safe and thrilling manner. These aspects may include crimes, secrets, and unfamiliar events in daily life.
Sandre Lamar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Sandre Lamar »

"Novembers" by Norman Cristofoli is a gripping crime novel where the murder of real estate agent Ivan Malinkov unfolds into a complex web of intrigue. It is an interesting book with rich character dynamics and a compelling mystery.
Slippy Spectrum
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slippy-spectrum.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Slippy Spectrum »

Y'all, based on this review, "Novembers" by Norman Cristofoli seems like an intriguing crime novel. The storyline sounds captivating, with a sardonic death and a mysterious killer on the loose. The characters, especially the dynamic between Boyle and Gina, sound well-developed and engaging. However, it's important to note that the book could benefit from some more editing due to numerous errors. With that said, I'd give this book a solid 3 out of 5 stars. Overall, it seems like a good read for crime enthusiasts, but be aware that it contains elements of BDSM. Happy reading, y'all! Heartwarming story, filled with love and warmth.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”